PDA

View Full Version : HKS Mag Reloader

Baklash
03-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Has anyone used the Kahr HKS magazine reloader? It's inexpensive compared to other reloaders I've seen, but I'm not sure how well it works, quality, etc.?

WMac19
03-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I tried a buddy's during a range session. It's definitely better than hand loading but by the design of the HKS, you can't seat the rounds all the way into the mag. So you have to take the extra step of releasing the device and then seating the round before the next one to be loaded. Sounds simple enough but it grows to be tedious real quick.

I much prefer my Uplula and due to the fact that my buddy kept reaching for it too, says that he'd agree. The simplicity and speed with which I can load the mags makes the cost a non-issue for me.

bob98366
03-19-2014, 10:58 PM
I bought the HKS when I bought my Kahrs. It works but is clunky and you have to change settings going from a 6 round to a 7 round magazine.

I found out about Uplula and bought one. My small wife with arthritis and weak hand strength can load one round per second with no pain. Amazed, I then bought another Uplula as a spare in case the first one breaks. The HKS sits in my range bag "just in case" my TWO Uplulas both get broken. I also bought the correct Lula for my .308 magazines.

Bottom line: Forget the HKS and shell out the extra cash to buy the Uplula. Don't let a buddy borrow it unless you make darn sure you get it back immediately.

wyntrout
03-19-2014, 11:10 PM
I sold all of my HKS loaders after getting 2 UPLULAS and the Baby UPLULA for .380 and smaller, including some .22LR.

Wynn:)

340pd
03-20-2014, 06:54 AM
UPLULA, the only way to go. I keep one in my range bag and I have let thousands of people use it. It still looks and operates like new.

http://www.maglula.com/product-category/pistol-mag-loaders/

muggsy
03-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Mag reloaders? What a bunch of wimps! I use my thumb for reloading my Kahr magazines. I built up my thumb by popping the tops off of beer bottles with screw off tops. I don't know what this world is coming to with a bunch of fancy boys running around in it. Me and Jocko must be the only real men left on this MB. Just sayin. Where is Jocko, anyway?

Baklash
03-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks. Uplula it is. Muggsy, my thumb resents that remark.:D

muggsy
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
You should hear what my middle finger has to say to yer thumb there, pilgrim. :)

b4uqzme
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I got Nintendonitis when I was younger playing video games so my thumbs don't work too good no more. UpLula it is and darn thankful for it!

Baklash
03-20-2014, 08:27 PM
My thumb has whuuped up on all 8 of my grandchildren in thumb wrestling matches, although the 10 year old put up a good fight.:third::cheer2::cheer2:

muggsy
03-21-2014, 05:09 AM
Good for you, Backlash. A ten year old can be pretty tough. BTW, does your screen name bear any reference to fishing per chance? I'm almost as good at fishing as I am at shooting the bull. (I'm not sure that came out right, but I think you know what I mean.) :)

Baklash
03-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I was a fanatical striper tournament fisherman on Lake Lanier, Georgia. Actually belonged to 3 striper clubs at the same time. I earned the Baklash name when I accidentally got a terrible birds nest when letting out an umbrella rig while moving at a pretty good speed. It was so bad my buddy told everyone it took him 3 days to unscramble the mess. (That was a lie; it took only 2 days!):31: Thus, the name stuck. I decided to put it on my truck license plate and had to limit it to 7 letters so it became Baklash. I'm too dense to think up a good moniker for a gun website, so stuck with it.:o

RRP
03-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I drank the Uplula kool-aid, too. It gets my vote.

b4uqzme
03-21-2014, 04:24 PM
It's spinning tackle for me. Less chance of a birdsnest.

leftysixty
03-23-2014, 11:15 PM
My HKS was what caused a broken follower in one of my CW40 mags:target:

Seems that when it depresses the bare follower, it will apply pressure that pushes the follower against the front of the mag body!

Onlyest follower I've ever broken:confused:

Only use the UpLula now:D:D Yup I gots sissy thumbs:D:D:D:D: