PDA

View Full Version : First gun ordered - CW45

GoBang
03-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Well, I just ordered a CW45 at my local gun shop. My first handgun.

The sales guy tried to talk me out of it, and smugly told me that the CW45 was a jam-o-matic.

I told him "I appreciate your input but I'm just going to have to prove you wrong."

I hope I'm right! :cool:

Bawanna
03-26-2014, 02:30 PM
We'll back you on this one. The dealer has some bad intel.

b4uqzme
03-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Good for you. You should love it. Re-read the prep stickies so you'll be ready.

berettabone
03-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Might be a bit stout for your first, but it's a Kahr anyway..................

GoBang
03-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Might be a bit stout for your first, but it's a Kahr anyway..................

That's OK. I like good stout. :D

GoBang
03-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Good for you. You should love it. Re-read the prep stickies so you'll be ready.

Thanks, I will. I intend to take very good care of it from day 1.

yqtszhj
03-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Proper Prep and good lube, shoot 100 rounds of good FMJ ammo, clean it up good, go shoot another 100, and you'll be good to go. I think you'll like it.

Give it a good firm grip and stiff arm in the beginning and you should have no problems.

RRP
03-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Congratulations on your purchase, GB. A first gun is always very exciting. If you're new to shooting, your experience may be more pleasant if you seek instruction. Let me suggest the NRA Basic Pistol as a good, inexpensive place to start.

We've read many good reviews of the 45 caliber Kahrs. Keep an eye on your magazines, though. Some have reported splitting at the top of the mag.

Follow prep and break-in recommendations and tell us about your first range session. Good luck.

trentu
03-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Got mine last weekend and love it. Not a jam one. Found the design aspects to give a very accurate, lower recoil 45acp with a pretty decent DAO trigger.

HAP1978
03-27-2014, 08:57 PM
One thing that I've noticed from shooting mine. A lot of polymer guns will jam if you limp wrist, yes even Glocks. Most people including myself don't want to admit to limp wristing but we do sometimes and it happens.

I used to shoot my CW .45 with no grip or glove when I first got it. It would shoot great for about 80-100 rounds then the jams would start. I noticed that the web of my hand was getting tender so naturally my grip would become weaker. So I put a rubber Python grip on the pistol and now I can shoot that sucker as much as I want and no jams at all. I've also tried using a glove and it worked well also.

So limp wristing does happen and will cause jams, so long story short. It might be good to think about a rubber grip or some type of thin glove like a mechanic's or weight lifting glove.

People love to blame the gun for jams when most of the time it could simply be limp wristing. Like the sales guy you talked to. He's probably never even shot a Kahr let alone a CW .45.