PDA

View Full Version : Slide and small parts getting melonited!

willowofwisp
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
My Kahr pm9 along with the small parts are getting melonited today, i should have it back by friday! pics will follow

ripley16
06-01-2010, 03:18 PM
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n356/wesc68/Anticipation-1.jpg

Michael W.
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
My Kahr pm9 along with the small parts are getting melonited today, i should have it back by friday! pics will follow

Where are you having this done, and if you don't mind divulging, what's
it setting you back to do the slide and parts?

Thanks very much and I'm looking forward to your results.

Michael-

willowofwisp
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
a local guy who does some gun work for some friends is having it outsourced to some place in my area not sure where..the cost is 80$ for ti all which isn't too bad at all..i couldn't have the barrel done due to the chrome plating.

Bawanna
06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
a local guy who does some gun work for some friends is having it outsourced to some place in my area not sure where..the cost is 80$ for ti all which isn't too bad at all..i couldn't have the barrel done due to the chrome plating.

Seems like a good deal to me. I'm anxious to see what it looks like. I did a little research on Melonite and sounds like it's a good tough finish. Some say it's all product name and it's the same as Tennifer but patent laws an such don't allow different companies to use the same name. Who really cares, long as it 1. Looks cool. and 2. Holds up and wears well.
Looking forward to some pics.

jlottmc
06-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd love to see how it comes out as well. Thinking of redoing (again) my 1911 as the parkerizing I had done about a year or so ago wasn't done right and looks like butt already.

willowofwisp
06-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Well i got some bad news...got work back today from the guy who does the meloniting and he said that he couldn't melonite the kahr slide as the ones that were done previously started to crack near the ejection port...oh well saved me some money.

Bawanna
06-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Well i got some bad news...got work back today from the guy who does the meloniting and he said that he couldn't melonite the kahr slide as the ones that were done previously started to crack near the ejection port...oh well saved me some money.

Nice that he was honest and didnt use you as a test medium. You were doing this over stainless correct. I read that it did work over stainless, so there must be some other issue.

willowofwisp
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Yea it works over stainless as the s&w m&p is stainless...it must be the grade of stainless that kahr uses or how it was cast/forged not sure