PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys and Gals

melissa5
03-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Hope ya'll are fine as frogs hair. :) I'm doing pretty good. I finally got to transfer from receiving to Hunting and Fishing and am happily selling firearms now. Alas, we don't carry any Kahrs. I don't know why. While working in receiving, I lost 22 lbs and 3 pants sizes. :D Hopefully, I will be able to maintain that weight loss.

I have match Saturdays off so that I can shoot my USPSA matches. Also, one Sunday off so that I can shoot a 3-gun match. Woohoo! That is really fun.

Instead of going into hibernation for the winter, I shot all year long trying to move up to C class and finally made it in February. Then, as a treat, I bought an STI 2011 race gun. Oh Bawanna, she is sweet, sweet, sweet! Last week, I shot my best match ever with her and feel like she will propel me to B class by the end of the year. Here's a short video of one of the stages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXXA8Ayd0KY and one stage from a few weeks ago at a match in Alabama. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12us9b2DUk My Glock race gun had a double feed on every stage at the Alabama match and I decided that I was tired of fighting that gun.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/mdhensley65/sti2_zps9e40cd3d.jpg

RRP
03-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Welcome back, Melissa.

Congrats on the new job. Congrats on making the new class. Congrats on the new gun. And congrats on the weight loss!

Lots of positives in your life.

CJB
03-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Welcome back Mel!!!

While the guns are very important, and the job, and the matches - KUDOS TO YOU on the weight loss...

melissa5
03-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys! I really did work my butt off. LOL

ruf45
03-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Congrats on moving up. Very nice gun, should help you move up

wyntrout
03-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Welcome back and congrats on everything... the weight loss, too. I lost over 40 pounds at one point and am holding around 35 down.

Nice pistol, too!

Wynn:D

AIRret
03-30-2014, 05:18 AM
Welcome back and congratulations on everything!!!!

When you work that hard you deserve the rewards.

Proud of you.

340pd
03-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice to see your smiling name back here. It has been fun following your journey over the last couple of years.
I am proud of you.

muggsy
03-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Pictures, pictures. It didn't happen unless there's pictures. Tell me you secret, melissa5. I could stand to lose a pound or twenty, myself. Congrats.

melissa5
03-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Just for you, Muggsy. Size 14 to size 8 in 6 months. The secret was leaving my desk job and standing/walking/moving for 8 hours a day.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/mdhensley65/size14_zps7c3da72e.png http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/mdhensley65/size8_zps47fdfb14.png

RRP
03-30-2014, 08:44 AM
You're got a lot less real estate for spare magazines than you used to, Melissa. Congrats!

muggsy
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Alright, I guess I've spent to much time sitting around the house this winter that I'm gettin soft. Next time I'd like to see your smiling face in the picture. Say when you blow away the competition with that new gun. I'd better quit typin'. You know how jealous Bawanna gets. :)

Bawanna
03-30-2014, 03:01 PM
And I'm watching closely too.

Bill K
03-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Welcome home!

This winter I think I found about 4-5 of the pounds you lost. :)

JERRY
03-30-2014, 03:14 PM
um, that older pic of you I did not have a problem with at all. LOL, oh, and BTW, great shooting!!!

AIRret
03-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Melissa, are you a member of a gun club, if not where do you train?

melissa5
03-30-2014, 03:32 PM
AIRret, I am a member at an indoor range and really only go there to shoot the bull with the guys. I will shoot if I've made an adjustment to a gun or a reloading recipe. I really need to join the local outdoor range so that I can set up some steel plates and mini stages to practice on. I still watch the steel fall instead of just shooting and moving on to the next steel. Plus, I need to figure out how fast I can double tap at what distances and still be in the A zone. So, all that to say that I use local matches as practice. LOL

Thank you, Jerry. LOL I do feel better and think I look better without the spare tire.

AIRret
03-30-2014, 03:48 PM
AIRret, I am a member at an indoor range and really only go there to shoot the bull with the guys. I will shoot if I've made an adjustment to a gun or a reloading recipe. I really need to join the local outdoor range so that I can set up some steel plates and mini stages to practice on. I still watch the steel fall instead of just shooting and moving on to the next steel. Plus, I need to figure out how fast I can double tap at what distances and still be in the A zone. So, all that to say that I use local matches as practice. LOL

Thank you, Jerry. LOL I do feel better and think I look better without the spare tire.

It's amazing how well you do with just (and I don't mean "just". I'm sure you
would train every day if you had the time and money…or sponsorship) shooting
matches as your primary training.

melissa5
03-30-2014, 04:39 PM
It's amazing how well you do with just (and I don't mean "just". I'm sure you
would train every day if you had the time and money…or sponsorship) shooting
matches as your primary training.

I squad with really awesome shooters and get to watch how they break down the stages. There are several Grand Masters (that's as high as you can go in USPSA) at the clubs I shoot at and they are full of great advice. I also read a lot on a competition based forum and watch a lot of youtube videos. I wish I did have the time and money to train more and a sponsor.

DeaconKC
03-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Welcome back!