PDA

View Full Version : gun reviewr #8

knkali
04-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Jeff Quinn from Gunblast.com. Either you love him or hate him.....what sayeth the forum regarding this fine fellow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddi0IiDoix8&feature=youtu.be

SlowBurn
04-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Ha. Lets just say he seems more of a salesman or promoter than a critic. Fast talk with lots of information about the features and advantages of a gun. Kinda fun, but if you're looking for a disinterested, balanced review of the pros and cons, look somewhere else.

kahrnut1
04-28-2014, 02:14 PM
i like him but he never found anything wrong with any gun he tested including diamondback. so he is there for entertainment only. he's a big keltec fan

JohnR
04-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd call him mostly harmless.

b4uqzme
04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
I enjoy his videos. I've just learned better than to take him seriously. He's reviewed almost every firearm so he's a good resource to at least get an overview. I use the term "reviewed" generously.

RRP
04-28-2014, 06:34 PM
His brother, who creates the music for the videos, is a talented dude.

pineappleshooter
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Here is how it is done:
HOW GUN MAGAZINES WRITE ARTICLES

Instruction From The Editor To The Journalist:

Frangible Arms just bought a four page color ad in our next issue. They sent us their latest offering, the CQB MK-V Tactical Destroyer. I told Fred to take it out to the range to test. He'll have the data for you tomorrow.

Feedback From Technician Fred:

The pistol is a crude copy of the World War II Japanese Nambu type 14 pistol, except it's made from unfinished zinc castings. The grips are pressed cardboard. The barrel is unrifled pipe. There are file marks all over the gun, inside and out.

Only 10 rounds of 8mm ammunition were supplied. Based on previous experience with a genuine Nambu, I set up a target two feet down range. I managed to cram four rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber. I taped the magazine in place, bolted the pistol into a machine rest, got behind a barricade, and pulled the trigger with 20 feet of 550 cord. I was unable to measure the trigger pull because my fish scale tops out at 32 pounds. On the third try, the pistol fired. From outline of the holes, I think the barrel, frame, magazine, trigger and recoil spring blew through the target. The remaining parts scattered over the landscape.

I sent the machine rest back to the factory to see if they can fix it, and we need to replace the shooting bench for the nice people who own the range. I'll be off for the rest of the day. My ears are still ringing. I need a drink.

Article Produced By The Journalist:

The CQB MK-V Tactical Destroyer is arguably the deadliest pistol in the world. Based on a combat proven military design, but constructed almost entirely of space age alloy, it features a remarkable barrel design engineered to produce a cone of fire, a feature much valued by Special Forces world wide. The Destroyer shows clear evidence of extensive hand fitting. The weapon disassembles rapidly without tools. At a reasonable combat distance, I put five holes in the target faster than I would have thought possible. This is the pistol to have if you want to end a gunfight at all costs. The gun is a keeper, and I find myself unable to send it back.

Bawanna
04-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh you killed me pineapple, that's similar to the way we create the police blotter every morning. Nothing to do with facts but funny as heck.

mickeyfinn
04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Ha. Lets just say he seems more of a salesman or promoter than a critic. Fast talk with lots of information about the features and advantages of a gun. Kinda fun, but if you're looking for a disinterested, balanced review of the pros and cons, look somewhere else.

Where can one find objective firearm reviews? Or do objective gun reviews even exist?

pineappleshooter
04-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Oh you killed me pineapple, that's similar to the way we create the police blotter every morning. Nothing to do with facts but funny as heck.

Glad you liked it. I can't take credit though - I copied from a post by forum member sipwicz over on smith-wesssonforum.com

DeaconKC
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Sipowicz is a riot!

pineappleshooter
04-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Between him and cajunlawer I try to get a word in edgewise.

warbird1
04-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Glad you liked it. I can't take credit though - I copied from a post by forum member sipwicz over on smith-wesssonforum.com
Regardless of where it came from that thar is some funny stuff.

Longitude Zero
04-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Ignorant, poorly educated, boot licking asshat.

JohnR
04-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Where can one find objective firearm reviews? Or do objective gun reviews even exist?

The best I can do, when desiring an objective review, is to read every "professional" review and every forum post, and try to winnow the BS and come away with whatever seems common to all of them. Funny how different people can have opposite views of the same gun. Too big, too small, too much recoil, hardly any recoil.

The only objective reviewer is you!

b4uqzme
04-29-2014, 06:28 AM
The only objective reviewer is you!

^^^ knkali, give that man a cigar! I think too many consumers (all kinds of products not just guns) are looking for someone else to do our homework for us. ;) Reviews are a great source of information that can enhance our decisions but shouldn't make them for us. I guess that's why I don't mind Jeff. It's just entertaining information IMHO.

JohnR
04-29-2014, 06:52 AM
The trouble is, if it costs $500 in equipment, $100 in supplies, and $20 in fees to review a product, and if it's not to your liking, you're screwed.

The only "seat of the pants" way to find out if a gun is right for me is to hold it in my hand, dry fire it, and if it feels right and looks good chances are it will shoot well. That method has proven very accurate. The only gun I didn't do that with is my K9 - no one had one locally. But it turned out to be one of my absolute favorites.

marshal kane
04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Nonetheless, the post was hysterical! So funny how both reviews were true yet from different perspectives.

muggsy
04-29-2014, 11:21 AM
I think you fellas are being just a tad rough on old Jeff Quin. He's a true firearms enthusiast and aficionado in the sense that he never met a gun that he didn't like. :)

Longitude Zero
04-29-2014, 11:26 AM
I think you fellas are being just a tad rough on old Jeff Quin. He's a true firearms enthusiast and aficionado in the sense that he never met a gun that he didn't like. :)

And that precisely is his problem. Fortunately at the ranges near my home they have a huge supply of rentals so you can try before you buy.

knkali
04-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Ignorant, poorly educated, boot licking asshat.

LZ, I am worried about you. That was kind of "light". LZlight?