PDA

View Full Version : Video of police violence

wyntrout
06-06-2010, 07:40 AM
YouTube - Fighting Over Donut - Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTE5z9eeVGg)

It took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on here.
Wynn:D

kahrseye
06-06-2010, 08:01 AM
That's funny. And unfortunately, I've felt the same about those donuts at times!

wyntrout
06-06-2010, 08:08 AM
A hot, fresh glazed doughnut is almost like sex. My senior year in high school, I had a paper route and we had to roll our papers for delivery VERY early in the morning. We would go down this alley to the back of this doughnut shop where they were making the doughnuts up for the day. We got them so fresh that they burned your mouth and you had glaze all over your face... we were standing there watching as the cooks took the doughnuts from the deep fat cauldron to the glaze cauldron, and then straight to us... THAT"S FRESH! That's one of those unforgettable memories. They weren't KKs, but close. I can't eat those things now... I CAN'T eat just one.

kahrseye
06-06-2010, 08:23 AM
The first time I was introduced to a KK was in 2001. My friend and I were at a convention in Salt Lake City. We didn't have a KK store in my part of PA and my buddy grew up with it. He saw a store and pulled right in, ordered a dozen glazed and I thought he was out of his mind. Well, you can imagine it didn't take us long to put down that dozen of doughnuts. Interestingly that's when 9-11 occurred in NYC. We were stranded in SLC, UT so needless to say we ate alot of doughnuts that trip.

jlottmc
06-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I never got on board with KK's. Now Shipley's on the other hand... They are the only ones that have a cherry iced, and they are GOOD. I must agree though, that hot and fresh baked goods are almost better than sex. Almost.

wyntrout
06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey, I said "almost like sex"!

I hadn't opened the darn front window blinds yet, and I was on the phone with my son for over two hours. I was adjusting the vertical blinds in the dining room when I saw the flag still out there(D-Day). It had been raining for half an hour. I just went out and got it... not as soaked as it could be... under a tree. I was able to hang it in the garage to dry. It's 5' long and I finally got it anchored under some stuff on the top shelf of my sturdy shelving.
I've been using a canopy footing for a base to stick the proper size ducting pipe for a flag pole. The flag was perfectly horizontal and it's usually closer to a 45° angle. After almost 13 years enough rusting had taken place that it was a bit wobbly. The extra weight of the rain finished that off and I'm lucky that the flag wasn't on the ground.:eek:
Wynn:blushing:

jlottmc
06-06-2010, 02:47 PM
You need a good pole Wynn, and a proper install of such a device...:D

wyntrout
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I moved my answer the to the In Remembrance of D-Day thread.

http://kahrtalk.com/rkba-discussion/2365-remembrance-d-day.html#post25538

jlottmc
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I know a certain some one who has a 40 foot flagpole proper complete with truck, sitting unused in his barn. It's even stainless steel. I also know a company (thank you work) that makes their living selling flags... If it wasn't such a drive, I might consider taking some vacation time if a deal were struck. Just sayin though. I know those little kits you get at Home Depot/Wally World are crap. I think you did well to have a temporary set up like that for that long. I've been known to take some cast iron pipe and make my own too though. At least you show proper respect, that will plain piss me off when folks don't do that. Ok that rant was not directed here for any good reason.

wyntrout
06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I see a lot of disrespect for the flag. I used to walk a lot... with my dog, until he couldn't. I would see small U.S. Flags stuck in any place on the mail boxes. I would take those with the flag hanging on the ground down, roll them up, and place them in the mail boxes. I think they got the hint.
You still see people riding around with those cheap flags with plastic window mounts that were meant for temporary use and at less than highway speeds. They are worn, faded, frayed, and to me signs of laziness and disrespect for our national emblem. Those things weren't designed for long-term use at high speed... no flag is, really... 70+ MPH??
Well, enough Internet chatting. My wife gets off work in about an hour. I need to do something around here to make it look like I was productive a bit today... thank you rain... no yardwork! :D
Dang, I haven't finished the newspaper and cut coupons, either. <sigh> I think she's onto me, anyhow. I am slightly more useful than Andy Capp. LOL.