PDA

View Full Version : dont use E15 Gas

knkali
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
The EPA like so many other G departments that makes the rules we have to follow without review or answering to the people is pushing a fuel down our throat that will help save the environment(sic) and cost you more money....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceW9Nc1hVHU

muggsy
05-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Damage aside the gas mileage is lower with E-15 by about 4 percent over e-10. Pay more get less.

Longitude Zero
05-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Never have...Never will. The energy to make gasohol is more than the energy you get out of it. It is a net negative on the energy scale. This was all about corn subsidies that were about to end and certain farmers/politicians colluded to be able to continue to pay corn farmers.

berettabone
05-05-2014, 08:41 AM
I remember, back in the 70's, they gave gasohol a go at some of the gas stations around my area. I was driving a Dodge D-50 mini truck at the time(fun vehicle, but rust bucket) I filled up a few times with the fuel. A tad more expensive, but the performance increase was amazing.

knkali
05-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Never have...Never will. The energy to make gasohol is more than the energy you get out of it. It is a net negative on the energy scale. This was all about corn subsidies that were about to end and certain farmers/politicians colluded to be able to continue to pay corn farmers.

Give this man a cigar.......

garyb
05-05-2014, 01:42 PM
It is amazing they are trying to push this crap on us.

knkali
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
It is amazing they are trying to push this crap on us.

how does one stand up to the EPA?.....How about the: FDA? BLM? Dept of ED? .......

O'Dell
05-05-2014, 03:27 PM

All true, but unfortunately there's no way to avoid it, especially in large urban areas like Atlanta. There is no non-ethonal gas sold within 40 miles of my house, except for one company that sells it in large quantities to tanker trucks. My son lives near Rome, GA, and he has a source near his home. Some airports and marinas have it, but will not sell to the general public for autos.

I have to pay for an additive to prevent corrosion in my fuel systems in addition to getting less mileage. Did someone say the government is out of control? I vote to shut down the EPA, OSHA, the Army Corp of Engineers, the Transportation Dept., the Energy Dept., and the Education Dept. All cause many more problems than they solve, and have proven to be an expensive waste of money.

downtownv
05-05-2014, 03:45 PM
All true, but unfortunately there's no way to avoid it, especially in large urban areas like Atlanta. There is no non-ethonal gas sold within 40 miles of my house, except for one company that sells it in large quantities to tanker trucks. My son lives near Rome, GA, and he has a source near his home. Some airports and marinas have it, but will not sell to the general public for autos.

I have to pay for an additive to prevent corrosion in my fuel systems in addition to getting less mileage. Did someone say the government is out of control? I vote to shut down the EPA, OSHA, the Army Corp of Engineers, the Transportation Dept., the Energy Dept., and the Education Dept. All cause many more problems than they solve, and have proven to be an expensive waste of money.

Now That deserves a Cigar! Here O"Dell monti Cristo #2's Torpedo tip!

getsome
05-05-2014, 04:03 PM
It takes diesel to haul the seed to the farmers supply store, diesel to haul the seeds the farmer buys to the farm, diesel to plow the ground, diesel to plant the seed, diesel to harvest the corn, diesel to haul the corn to the distillery, natural gas burned to boil the water to make the ethanol, diesel to ship the ethanol by rail to the gasoline terminals because you cant send it through the pipeline, electricity to pump the ethanol into the tank farm storage facility....Now how much energy have we saved to make gasohol?

I paid $4.09 a gallon for 93 octane gasoline yesterday because my truck requires it....Back in 2008 when Ovomit took office 93 octane gasoline was selling for just over $2.00 a gallon in Atlanta....I think I see the problem now.

Longitude Zero
05-05-2014, 04:04 PM
All true, but unfortunately there's no way to avoid it, especially in large urban areas like Atlanta. There is no non-ethonal gas sold within 40 miles of my house, except for one company that sells it in large quantities to tanker trucks.

In my state, OK every station that sells E85 gasohol must have at least one pump with pure gasoline. The retailers are forbidden from being exclusively gasohol.

Armybrat
05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
In my state, OK every station that sells E85 gasohol must have at least one pump with pure gasoline. The retailers are forbidden from being exclusively gasohol.

Well dayumm - that's one advantage you dirt-burglin' Sooners have over us Texicans. I haven't seen pure gasoline in years. :(

Will admit - I have a couple cans of Real-Lead additive somewhere out in my garage. Used to add it to that unleaded gas for my old MGB roadster. Have 3 cans of the old Freon too.

If the EPA finds out about that, no doubt they'll send their SWAT team & armored cars down here to besiege my place. :mad:

downtownv
05-05-2014, 05:44 PM
It takes diesel to haul the seed to the farmers supply store, diesel to haul the seeds the farmer buys to the farm, diesel to plow the ground, diesel to plant the seed, diesel to harvest the corn, diesel to haul the corn to the distillery, natural gas burned to boil the water to make the ethanol, diesel to ship the ethanol by rail to the gasoline terminals because you cant send it through the pipeline, electricity to pump the ethanol into the tank farm storage facility....Now how much energy have we saved to make gasohol?

I paid $4.09 a gallon for 93 octane gasoline yesterday because my truck requires it....Back in 2008 when Ovomit took office 93 octane gasoline was selling for just over $2.00 a gallon in Atlanta....I think I see the problem now.

Like this?

garyb
05-06-2014, 05:28 AM
Good one downtownv. I was going to post that one, but forgot I had it saved.