PDA

View Full Version : New member, new CW 380

TeaDub
05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Well, I had a NIB, Kahr CW 380 (prefix RH) follow me home from the LGS today. I had been in the market for my first micro gun that wouldn't require any wardrobe considerations, for a couple of months now. I had narrowed the field to the Kahr or a Ruger LCP. I already have several options for most CC scenarios, but this should complete my list.

BTW, I have owned and shot both handguns and long guns for around 30 years, but also realize there is always something else to learn to improve my shooting skill set.

After shooting examples of both the LCP & the CW, I found that I really enjoyed the feel, accuracy potential, and much reduced felt recoil with the little CW. The build quality goes to the Kahr as well. My GS also had one extra magazine for the gun. I purchased both and they are sitting in my safe.

Patience seems to be a virtue with these mouse guns. I am taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge on this forum and will follow the prep instructions prior to taking my new baby to the range. Thanks to all the members that contributed so that new owners start out on the right foot! I'll be sure to post my impressions later on.

berettabone
05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Welcome.................hopefully, everything goes as planned. I am sure you will take a liking to your " mouse".

TeaDub
05-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome. This thing is so incredibly small. I can put it in my pocket of loose fitting, drawstring short pants and it just disappears. I can't wait to start the break-in. :cool:

gun papa
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Congrats. My CW380 makes my snubby Charter arms undercover look big.

Falcon3
05-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the world of Kahr. I also have a new CW380. Although it has had some issues, it is performing well after coming back from warranty service.

pbagley
05-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Another new CW 380 here, and I plan to start my break in Saturday. It will be fun comparing to my PT738TCP. I thought the CW 380 looked bigger until I had them side by side. The grip on the Kahr actually looks thinner than the TCP. Watch the reloading section for some chrony data one of these fine days. I like comparing a Kahr's performance with another model from a different maker, and different barrel lengths are interesting too.

warbird1
05-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forum TeaDub.