PDA

View Full Version : Hickok45 Shoots the PM9

cgo99
06-06-2010, 02:41 PM
For those of you that are not familiar with the guy, he does pretty straightforward gun reviews in YouTube, he is also a recent member of this forum.
In this particular one he is talking about the PM9 and apparently he likes it (who can blame him), take a look. :popcorn:
YouTube - hickok45's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45#p/u/0/nKSvmMLJt_0)

10Kahrs
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Holy crap that guy can shoot 80yds with a 3" barrel pistol! I would miss with a rifle lol

cgo99
06-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Holy crap that guy can shoot 80yds with a 3" barrel pistol! I would miss with a rifle lol
You and me both :o, I definitely need to practice more, a lot more.

willowofwisp
06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
good video...the guy is always entertaining to watch

jlottmc
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm going to use a rifle if I'm that far away. Good shooting though.

Bigcube
06-06-2010, 08:36 PM
He seems like a cool guy to me. I love his range. :D I saw a sneak peak of the PM9 in his zombie vid :laser:

cgo99
06-07-2010, 04:24 AM
He seems like a cool guy to me. I love his range. :D I saw a sneak peak of the PM9 in his zombie vid :laser:
I know, that was pretty funny.:D

hickok45
06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Don't tell anybody; I love my Glocks, but the PM9 and/or the P380 will be riding a lot with me this summer. :-)

wyntrout
06-09-2010, 09:33 AM
hickok45, I enjoyed your Kahr videos... terrific shooting. Nice range, too. Are you considering the PM45? It shoots even better.
Wynn:yo:

hickok45
06-13-2010, 07:15 AM
hickok45, I enjoyed your Kahr videos... terrific shooting. Nice range, too. Are you considering the PM45? It shoots even better.
Wynn:yo:

Don't know about that. My primary attraction to the Kahr guns lies in the really small guns. Glock just doesn't make anything like that.

wyntrout
06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
When Kahr first came on the scene, I was hoping they would get around to a compact 45. I'm still hoping they'll get around to an all stainless steel, DLC version -- a K45.
I ordered a P380 with NS when they had just come out with the P380. It took 11 months and while waiting I joined this forum and got enthused with the new smaller PM models. I have had a K9 for over 12 years but still have less than 1000 rounds through it. I got a PM9 DLC with NS after all the talk here... easily the most popular model, and then finally got our debt paid off so I could get a PM45, the DLC with NS, of course.
I really didn't shoot that well with the PM9... I had groups that proved I needed better trigger control with the DAO. When I got the .45, I shot it much better, and then the P380, too. I tried the PM9 again after it sat for a few months, having become the "stepchild", and found I shot it about the same as the newer guns, though the other two are my favorites, and "Boomer" the most favored.
I'm not a great shot and am limited locally to a 15-yard range where I do most of my shooting at 7-8 yards. I don't spend a lot of time aiming and I shoot too fast, maybe, but I love shooting the P380 and the PM45 the most.
Your range looks like a lot of fun... much more interesting than paper targets. I've never shot metal silhouettes, but I used to really like shooting at cans and stuff that moved or made a noise... back in the 70's. Then most of my shooting was done with revolvers and from a rest at 25 and 50 yards, with a few at 100 to 200 yards for grins... mainly with a real .357 or .44 magnum load . Practical shooting with sound and movement is much more fun.
Keep up the good "work".:yo:
Wynn:D

cgo99
06-13-2010, 08:53 AM
I for one can't wait for Hickok's follow up on the PM9.

hickok45
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Speaking of the PM9, yesterday I did some more surgery with grip tape on my PM9. Man, if you PM9 guys could feel it, you'd steal it from me. It feels great with incredible grip and control.

I actually took an old G26 Talon Grip "second" that Derik sent me awhile back and did some professional surgery on it. I butchered it a bit, but I the grip and control it adds.
I have just a couple of strips of it on my P380, but it makes a big difference on that gun, too.
I have large hands, and this rough tape on small guns makes them infinitely more shootable for me.
Just a little tip in case you'd to try some skateboard tape.

MichSteve
06-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Greeting hickok45, I really enjoy your videos thank you for sharing and the time you put into them.

Any tips on trigger control, you certainly have mastered it.

Now I was thinking maybe the glue from the skateboard tape was your "Super-Power".

Seriously though, any practice drills or conditioning we can try.