PDA

View Full Version : Hydra-Shok and cw380

smokersteve
05-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Picked up 2 - 50 round boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok for $30/each.
It shot real good.

berettabone
05-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Looks like you've got a nice place to shoot..........................I like the HST's more, but they all do the business.

smokersteve
05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm not familiar with HST's.
This range is a hidden gem. A long range up to 1/2 mile, area to shoot clay pigeons, and a a pistol range. All for $125/year for my family of 4.

kwh
05-06-2014, 07:46 PM
HST= Hornady ,or order from Precision One Ammo. Rated the best overall expansion/penetration in tests by Ammo Quest in short barrel .380's. Federal HydraShocks were right along side. Since they function well, I think you are done as far as looking for defensive ammo.

nuke
05-06-2014, 07:52 PM
HST is by Federal. One of the better rounds out there but there are quite a few good rounds.

smokersteve
05-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Looks like the HST's are the newer Hydra-Shok

kwh
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
HST is by Federal. One of the better rounds out there but there are quite a few good rounds.
Sorry, I goofed. It is the XTP Hornady. Federal HST seems to be the bullet of choice in the short barrel 9mm and .45 acp.

berettabone
05-07-2014, 10:14 AM
I carry the HST's in my MK9.....................they work well.

MinnBill
05-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Called Precision One last week and wanted to order a couple of boxes of the XTP ammo after reading the test by Ammo Quest. The lady said check back in July as they were out of stock. :(

kwh
05-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Called Precision One last week and wanted to order a couple of boxes of the XTP ammo after reading the test by Ammo Quest. The lady said check back in July as they were out of stock. :(
Would not hurt to send them an e-mail every week or so. Once on their site they had .380 ammo listed ,went to order it later that day and web page said they were out. I sent e-mail asking when they would have more, and they said they has a fresh batch just being made. Problem this time may be , that the XTP bullets,are on back order. Don't know for sure just saying....

FCastle88
05-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Would not hurt to send them an e-mail every week or so. Once on their site they had .380 ammo listed ,went to order it later that day and web page said they were out. I sent e-mail asking when they would have more, and they said they has a fresh batch just being made. Problem this time may be , that the XTP bullets,are on back order. Don't know for sure just saying....
I bought a few boxes of the XTPs at the beginning of March. They sold out a day or two later and I haven't seen them back in stock since. If they're telling people it might be another 2 months it certainly seems like they're having difficulty getting the bullets, or perhaps some other component. I've been seeing a lot of reloaders complaining on forums that they can't find pistol powder.