PDA

View Full Version : FIREClean : The best Lube/Cleaner? Maybe So!

rkenaston
05-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Is anyone else using this cleaner/lubricant? I received my first bottle a couple weeks ago and have been impressed so far. Once treated with Fireclean the carbon fouling wipes off very easily in almost all places...and there is no odor whatsoever! The lubrication seems to stay put and is very slick. The only bummer is the price but this stuff may negate the need to buy both a cleaner AND a lubricant...if anyone else is using this, what are your thoughts?

Here is the website for more info: cleanergun.com

getsome
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk rkenaston, never heard of it before but I went to their web site and it looks like interesting stuff....I see that Amazon sells it so the next time the old lady is ordering her beauty stuff I will add on a bottle and she will never know it, who knows maybe it will prevent wrinkles better than the crap she pays 30 bucks for a tiny little tube for and don't tell her I said so but that junk aint working....:D

downtownv
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I bought a bottle on eBay for $17.99 I've wasted more on dumber things. I'll let you know how it works.
Thanks for the tip.:yo:

AIRret
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
rkenaston, Welcome to the forum.

How long have you been using FireClean?

Longitude Zero
05-06-2014, 06:41 PM
M-Pro 7 for me.

rkenaston
05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
rkenaston, Welcome to the forum.

How long have you been using FireClean?

I've only used it 3 times total. So far so good.

dorangolv
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Janna Reeves is a 3-gun shooter. She uses this stuff. Been thinking about getting some myself after going to the website.
https://www.facebook.com/MissBattleBorn/photos/pb.102748796519892.-2207520000.1399426478./490661384395296/?type=3&theater

getsome
06-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Thought I would bring this post back up...I ordered some of this product to give it a try and I got to say this is some real interesting stuff...It goes on slippery and clear and then dries leaving a slick film on the metal parts..It has absolutely no smell and when wiped over the outside of the barrel and finish it prevents fingerprints....After a range trip both handguns treated with Fireclean were much easier to clean and just a couple patches through the barrel with some on them did the job with no brass brush scrubbing needed...

I also ordered some Slip 2000 EWL and honestly I think the two products must be the same formula...the both look, feel and act like the exact same stuff...Both products did a great job and I'm now a believer....In the past I have been really cheap with gun care products and used Hoppes and Mobil 1 0w30 which worked ok but after seeing how well the Fireclean worked I will admit to being wrong...

The good news is that both products performed as advertised and made cleaning much much easier and it takes very little of either product to do the job ...The bad news is they are both a little spendy with the Fireclean coming in a 2 oz size for about $13.00 and the Slip 2000 EWL coming in a larger 4 oz size for $14.95

Give some a try, both are available from Amazon....These are both very good products and I was foolish to have not tried them sooner due to cost

downtownv
06-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Getsome, I used it only on my revolvers and the residue, simply wiped off.....

Alfonse
06-30-2014, 02:51 PM
If it makes revolvers easy to clean, I'm in.

getsome
06-30-2014, 03:07 PM
If you try some I'm pretty you'll like it...I was stupid to be so cheap for so long and never use anything else but Mobil 1 on my guns....I shot my 1911 and M&P and then cleaned them both with Fireclean...The slides both seems much slicker than before and the bores are super clean with a bore light...I used some on my S&W 629 which was already clean (I thought) I ran a tight patch with a few drops of Fireclean on it through the bore and it removed black fouling I thought wasn't in there....I put a few drops in the action in the frame and a drop down the hammer and I swear it feels like a different gun, smooth as silk....

I dont sell the stuff or make any money off it but once I tried some I wanted to report back to the gang how well it works....It's Getsome approved so get some and post your results...

shlike
06-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk rkenaston, never heard of it before but I went to their web site and it looks like interesting stuff....I see that Amazon sells it so the next time the old lady is ordering her beauty stuff I will add on a bottle and she will never know it, who knows maybe it will prevent wrinkles better than the crap she pays 30 bucks for a tiny little tube for and don't tell her I said so but that junk aint working....:D

Now that's funny right there

muggsy
07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Quick, somebody do the math. At $10.00 an ounce what does that come to per gallon. There are 128 fluid ounces in a gallon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's $1,280.00 per gallon. I think I'll stick with Hoppes.

Bawanna
07-01-2014, 05:09 PM
You might have a great future as a rain cloud over a parade. Take all the stuff we buy by the ounce and calculate to the gallon like you did and it makes gas seem like a gift. Don't get into perfume, that's very depressing. Course I guess it's better than smelling like the door of a tuna boat head.

FLBri
07-04-2014, 08:04 AM
... Course I guess it's better than smelling like the door of a tuna boat head.

Hey ... I know that joke , too!!

yqtszhj
07-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Quick, somebody do the math. At $10.00 an ounce what does that come to per gallon. There are 128 fluid ounces in a gallon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's $1,280.00 per gallon. I think I'll stick with Hoppes.

Yeah but like getsome said if it cures wrinkles were saving money. Just use the wife's beauty products for our guns...;)

I'd try it if it saves time which I dont have enough of anyway.

muggsy
07-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Hey, I was just sayin'. No need to get yer panties in a bunch, Bawanna. I don't care how people spend their money as long as they earn it. I'm just a
Mobile 1 Kinda guy. Oil are oil.

Barth
07-04-2014, 08:50 AM
I was using Militec-1 when I broke in my MK40 Elite.
And it works well.
But the non toxic Ballistol is my mainstay these days.
It does have a pungent odor.
But I got used to it...

muggsy
07-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Every morning I dab a little Hoppes behind each ear. Makes me irresistible to Mrs. Muggsy. :)

muggsy
07-04-2014, 09:12 AM
This is the stuff that Jocko swears by and we all know that Jocko won't steer you wrong. :rolleyes:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/gear-review-italian-gun-grease-cleaning-products/

Chuck54
07-04-2014, 01:45 PM
I kinda like that minty fresh smelling stuff...........what is it called?

happypuppy
07-04-2014, 04:22 PM
I kinda like that minty fresh smelling stuff...........what is it called?

Frog lube

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells