PDA

View Full Version : Finally...after much deliberation.

DPR
05-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone - It took me a long time to make a decision. Tried the Nano, Glock 26, XD-S 9, PM9, the Kimber Solo Carry II STS and finally purchased a PM9193. Yep, the one with external safety and LCI. I have very long fingers and could not comfortably and naturally pull the long trigger on the "regular" PM9 (the PM9093).
Here are my observations:
1) The length of pull is noticeably shorter but still very smooth.
2) First 100 rds fired without malfunctions.
3) Empty mags do not fall freely as others have reported.
4) It is kind of hard to disassemble.
5) Slide is hard to rack but hopefully will start to loosen up.
6) I am not as accurate with the PM9 as with my P229 then again this is my first time with the Kahr and I have had the Sig for well over a decade.

pbagley
05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Welcome. Kahr's are a bit of an addiction. Many here have multiple models/calibers made by Kahr.

leftysixty
05-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Work the trigger like you would a double action revolver.

Seems like most of the poly frames don't freely drop mags. They can be tuned to drop mags. I think that there are several threads about that here.

Enjoy your new toy, they are addictive.:D

:amflag:

AIRret
05-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone - It took me a long time to make a decision. Tried the Nano, Glock 26, XD-S 9, PM9, the Kimber Solo Carry II STS and finally purchased a PM9193. Yep, the one with external safety and LCI. I have very long fingers and could not comfortably and naturally pull the long trigger on the "regular" PM9 (the PM9093).
Here are my observations:
1) The length of pull is noticeably shorter but still very smooth.
2) First 100 rds fired without malfunctions.
3) Empty mags do not fall freely as others have reported.
4) It is kind of hard to disassemble.
5) Slide is hard to rack but hopefully will start to loosen up.
6) I am not as accurate with the PM9 as with my P229 then again this is my first time with the Kahr and I have had the Sig for well over a decade.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm just curious, will the Kahr be your EDC? Do you have other handguns with safeties?

DPR
05-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm just curious, will the Kahr be your EDC? Do you have other handguns with safeties?
It will be my EDC and no..my other handgun, A SIG P229 does not have a safety. I do plan to practice, practice and then practice some more. I already found that I can disengage the safety with my right thumb while the gun is in the holster or with the left thumb once I grip with both hands in front of my chest before extending my arms to point.

Bawanna
05-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Or just leave the safety off?

The main thing is always always always do the same thing weather that's leave it on and stroke it off or leave it off.

I remember back in our dept Beretta 92 days, many officers just left the safety off. Still made it a practice to sweep that safety off even if it was already off.

When we went to 96's we opted for decocker only and solved that issue.

AIRret
05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
DPR, practice is always the key!

I think if a person is "dedicated" to train they can adapt.

But personally, going back and forth between different styles (safety/no safety)
requires much, much more attention to detail!

CJB
05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Work the trigger like you would a double action revolver.

Seems like most of the poly frames don't freely drop mags. They can be tuned to drop mags. I think that there are several threads about that here.

Enjoy your new toy, they are addictive.:D

:amflag:

I disagree about most of the poly not dropping freely. All three of mine do, no alterations!

DPR
05-16-2014, 08:48 AM

The main thing is always always always do the same thing weather that's leave it on and stroke it off or leave it off.

I remember back in our dept Beretta 92 days, many officers just left the safety off. Still made it a practice to sweep that safety off even if it was already off.

I have been pondering this as well and will try it for sure.

berettabone
05-22-2014, 11:38 AM

Never use mine, but I like that I can if need be...................

Gun2Head
05-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Welcome DPR.

My mags initially would not drop so smoothly. I did break them in by inserting them about 100 times. Now, no problem.