PDA

View Full Version : Heart warming story

Bigcube
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
BG goes to the hospital, GG (intended victim and family) wins :D
Man saves family from road-side robbery, shoots assailant - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina | (http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12598387)

wyntrout
06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
You are so vulnerable when traveling, especially when you have any kind of vehicle trouble. A lot of people pass by and some are going to be bad guys.
I love outcomes like this. It helps put a bit of fear into the bad guys, because not all people are helpless victims or sheeple. But I guess many BGs don't watch news on TV or read about stuff like that. They might hear about some buds who tried to rob the wrong people, though.
Wynn:D

jlottmc
06-08-2010, 06:20 AM
I used to stop and help if they looked like they really needed some, but no more of that. That's stories for another day though.

johnh
06-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice work on the part of one of our brave military men. My hat is off to him! Now I wonder how fast the perp's buddies will try to rob someone next time?

:D

John

deadhead1971
06-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Here is another that was posted on the Ruger LCP site (for obvious reasons) :)

enjoy

Two women use handgun to hold off would-be thieves in Springfield MO | KY3 News, Weather, Sports - Springfield, MO | Video (http://www.ky3.com/home/video/95815079.html)

aray
06-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Here is another that was posted on the Ruger LCP site (for obvious reasons) :)

enjoy

Two women use handgun to hold off would-be thieves in Springfield MO | KY3 News, Weather, Sports - Springfield, MO | Video (http://www.ky3.com/home/video/95815079.html)

Yeah, you could run these all day. Here's one close to where I live. BG breaks into a cop's home, of all places! Trying out for the Darwin Awards I guess.

Police: Off-Duty Officer Shot Man During Break-In - wjz.com (http://wjz.com/local/Off.Duty.Officer.2.1732442.html)

deadhead1971
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
aray--can you believe this? Does your state have a Castle Law? The political DA is going to be under pressure to file charges against the officer but I don't think the officer will be convicted.

Bawanna
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
aray--can you believe this? Does your state have a Castle Law? The political DA is going to be under pressure to file charges against the officer but I don't think the officer will be convicted.

Makes ya sick don't it. Only cause he's a cop. Had he been an ordinary citizen they probably would have gave him a pat on the back and apoligized for the bother and that would be it.
Different rules for cops. Hopefully your are correct, they will investigate, they have to do that for any officer but then will find all was right and end it and let him get on with his life.
For the fool that mentions pepper spray, tasers and such, I doubt the officer had that in his night stand as he slept in his supposedly secure and private dwelling. I only hope that person is the next to try and break into an off duty officers private dwelling with the same results.
Lord knows we got enough armchair quarter backing fools already.

aray
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Surprisingly the Maryland General Assembly passed a Castle Law earlier this year and even more surprisingly the governor signed it (it's an election year for him...) It was watered down a bit as it went through the process. Even so, we're all grateful for what small victories we can celebrate in this state. Unfortunately however it doesn't take effect until October 1, 2010, so we're all hoping that the BGs have enough common courtesy to wait until then before they go & get themselves shot breaking into homes. :)

jlottmc
06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow, aray, my hat is off to those of you in the ahh shall we say less free states. Keep fighting the good fight.

Dietrich
06-09-2010, 04:59 AM
It`s my hope that the officer is found to be totally justified in defending himself.I despise those Monday morning quaterbacks who whimper about "it could have been handled differently" when they themselves would have probably wet their pants in the same situation.Sheeple,sheese.

deadhead1971
06-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Dietrich, I have been meaning to ask, are you a buff of the 6th Panzers? :)