PDA

View Full Version : First Kahr CM40

Pchitti
05-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Picked up a used Kahr Cm40 a few weeks ago. Finally got a chance to throw a box through it, no bueno. Was locking back randomly, most mags it locked every round.

Been reading up on the spring issues. I can get it to work fine until the first time it locks back, then its right back to locking with out a mag in the well.

At this point I have "adjusted" the spring to not lock back the slide at all. Works great now...

I had planned to pick up a new spring, screw, and washer as the PO mangled the T5 screw pretty bad. But with shipping costing as much as the parts, I am waiting till I pick up a couple extra mags.

AnthonyC
05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I wish could help but I am a noob too. Just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck with your CM 40.

Pchitti
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Thank you sir

kerby9mm
05-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Check the inside nub of the slide stop for scrape marks from the nose of the rounds bumping it as they feed. If so you can file a little off for clearance. You might have to wait for the new spring of try to bend the one you have back to the way it should be. Usually pretty easy fix lots of info on this forum how to do it. Could be why the owner sold it.

tv_racin_fan
05-17-2014, 02:44 AM
Read the manual again and again.

Turns out the hard to drop the slide on an empty mag is actually a design function. Many people have no clue and force it. The idea is that you don't want to drop the slide on an empty mag in the "heat of battle".. people have been known to load the empty they just took out thinking they had swapped it for a loaded mag. On some if not all Kahr handguns you need to hold the pin just right to clear that spring when reinstalling it.