PDA

View Full Version : Help with finding sighting solution! Thank you

Bpc9876
05-15-2014, 04:43 PM
In addition to my previous thread I also desperately NEED a new sight set up on this pistol (CM9). Anyone have recommendations? Thanks. For reference most of my pistols wear Trijicon HD's or AmeriGlos of some sort but I just cannot rely on polymer sights that the paint melts out of during any cleaning. Thanks for any input on this CM9.

happypuppy
05-15-2014, 05:56 PM
I added the front sight of the Kahr website. It works well. I didn't bother with the rear. I just wanted a better front on a defensive pistol

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -G.S. Patton

Bpc9876
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Which sight would that be happypuupy? I have "heard" that some of Dawson Precision's sights fit but I am having trouble finding users or verification. At this point, on the Kahr site at the least I saw a blacked out rear and a front fiber optic rod. I am not sure if this will work as I was in a hurry but was wondering what everyone else was running as I feel for a defensive pistol the sights on the CM series are unacceptable.

It is not that I mind the dot the i system, rather I don't have confidence in polymer sights that are filled with paint that easily comes out. Thanks for ANY ideas or potential input. This one thing has been really holding back this pistol for me. Appreciate you all.

Respectfully,
Brian

b4uqzme
05-15-2014, 08:45 PM
I really like the front FO combined with a blacked-out rear. It's great for picking up the front sight in a hurry but it's not as accurate as a 3 dot system for me. I have the standard Trijicon 3 dot night sights on both my Kahrs. Most every other pistol and some revolvers have the front FO/black rear set up. Many here like a big dot front sight but I find those less accurate as well.

Dawson does make sights for CM. Both night sights and fiber optic I believe.

happypuppy
05-15-2014, 08:56 PM
This is the one I used. http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-CWCM-Trijicon-Night-Sights.asp

I had heard that removal of the rear sight is difficult to do. I did the front only which was a ten minute job.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -G.S. Patton