PDA

View Full Version : Got the new CW380 to where I want it

BullittBoy
05-19-2014, 05:49 PM
I was anxious to shoot the thing when I finally got it-I have been looking for one for months and had 500 rounds of Privi-Partisan FMJ and some Hydrashocks and Corbon 90 +P old loads.
I put 100 rounds of Privi and some Hydra shocks and Corbon through it and had a lot of failures to feed and the slide was not locking back.
I read the notes on here and I must say it really helped.
I took it apart and it was filthy, I even got a couple small metal shavings in my fingers like splinters when I cleaned it.
I lubed it and put some grease on slide rails and racked it at least 250 times maybe more, then left slide locked back for a few days at a time.
Took it out and banged off 50rounds of FMJ and locked slide back prematurely 2 times-I use a 1911 thumbs grip and I think I am bumping it every once in awhile.
Banged another 50 rounds off next day and had two more accidental slide locks, BUT in 100 rounds no failures to feed or extract at all-and the Privi is not real hot ammo. I guess I have to watch my shooting hand thumb.
I shot a few more Corbon, Hydra Shocks and also got some Winchester Ranger 95 grain into wet phone books. The Hydra Shocks went furthest but opened up least, the Corbon opened up about to .60 and went in between, the Winchesters opened up to .65 and looked great-just shallow penetration

I just picked up the new Golden Sabre "Short Barrel" load today-gonna put some in wet newspaper again soon-
The gun is about 95% now, I have much more confidence
I cleaned the snot out of it again after second 100 rounds and cleaned the firing pin and striker area, the gun gets filthy folks-I would clean every 100 rounds if carrying it for sure.
I have a Talon inside pocket front holster leather and I have been toting it when walking the dog-in cargo style shorts it looks like my cell phone in the pocket
Oh and this thing is very accurate and the sights are well regulated, I was pleasantly surprised.

b4uqzme
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Good deal and good report. You're in the home stretch.

That Privi is dirty stuff in my experience. It's good you are cleaning often. I too had to train my thumbs off that slide lever. It feels natural now.

Good job!

rahmann62
05-19-2014, 08:12 PM
I had a few malfunctions at the end of my first range session with my CW380. It was filthy dirty after 100 rounds. Cleaned it up and headed back out to the range, 0 malfunctions since. I have over 300 rounds through it now.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

gun papa
05-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I have 160rds, no cleaning yet. Feeds great. I will clean well after 40 more shots.

Falcon3
05-19-2014, 09:40 PM
A much better experience than I encountered. Mine went back to Kahr, twice. But it is doing great now. I love the way it feels. Good luck with yours.