PDA

View Full Version : A-grip installation on CM9 with Crimson Trace laser

Hawkeye
05-24-2014, 02:34 PM
I received my A-grips from Kahr today and installed them. Very nice.

Unlike the instructions, I started installation on the left side so I could precisely position the A-grip notches for the slide and magazine releases that are on the left. There are no obstructions on the right side. Per instructions, I still made the right side the "underwrap side" where the two sides overlap on the front strap.

I thought I would have to cut around the CT laser's bar containing the activation button where it meets the CM9 front strap and the grip material overlaps. But I removed the laser and installed the A-grip first and was able to reinstall the laser on top with no problem.

Initially it looked like I would have to trim material at the bottom of the grip. But once everything was positioned I didn't. I did no cutting at all.

I did find that the grip material's wrap-over at the very bottom of the grip prevented me from using the O-rings I have been using on my magazines to prevent the infamous Kahr magazine finger-pinch. I removed the O-rings, then the mags fit fine. The magazine gap is now almost non-existent. I expect no pinching. So, this is just one more bonus from the grips.

I ended up with a very clean, professional-looking installation.

I'm a happy camper.

knkali
05-24-2014, 03:04 PM
I liked A grips very much but they made cleaning my gun more difficult with the solvents I use in the body of the gun because it would get on the Agrip and destroy the adhesive. Consequently, I didn't clean my guns as much so I stopped using them. They do work well otherwise though and I think they are great if you don't shoot a lot or clean the gun as I do.

Hawkeye
05-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will keep it in mind.

Hopefully I won't have a problem. I clean after about 200 rounds. Except for a shot of solvent in the striker mechanism all I use is Ballistol precisely applied with patches and Q-tips. Of course I do the barrel with a brush, patches and Ballistol. I seldom touch anything below the slide except with a dry toothbrush and patch or rag.