PDA

View Full Version : Kahr buys Magnum Research

ripley16
06-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Anybody see this big news?

PEARL RIVER, NY – Kahr Arms, the well known American based producer of high quality compact pistols has announced its recent purchase of Minnesota-based firearms manufacturer, Magnum Research, maker of the Desert Eagle pistol.

Kahr Arms takes pride in its ability to offer customers a selection of unique niche-type firearms, such as the world famous “Tommy Gun” and Auto-Ordnance line of M1 .30 caliber carbines. The addition of Magnum Research products to the Kahr Arms family will provide Kahr Arms and Auto-Ordnance customers another unique line of firearms to choose from.

Magnum Research® was founded in 1979 and was responsible for the design and the development of the Desert Eagle pistol. The firearms in its current product lineup include the Desert Eagle® (available in .50 AE, .44 Magnum, or .357 Magnum), Baby Desert Eagle® Fast Action Pistol (9mm, .40 S&W), Desert Eagle® 1911, Micro Desert Eagle™ (.380 ACP), Magnum’s BFR (Revolvers in .44 Magnum, .45 LC/.410 or .45/70), Mountain Eagle™ (Rifles in .22/250, .223, .30-06, .280 and 7mm) and Magnum Lite® (Rifles in .22LR, .22WMR or .17 Mach-2).

To learn more about these products and more that will be offered through Kahr Arms, visit Magnum Research, Inc. (http://www.magnumresearch.com).

Kahr Arms / Kahr News (http://www.kahr.com/KA-3.html)

Race Bannon
06-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Hot Dog!!!! I've got one peice of advice, bring back the 440 Corbon.

hsart
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Will be interesting to see if manufacturing is brought to Mass. from Israel. Or maybe... some Kahr models will be made in Israel!

Ljutic
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Well there you go. Now Kahr has a gun with an accessory rail. =)

wyntrout
06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, is this going to be good or bad...? Are they going to try to do even more with less or are they going to get help... especially with Quality Control??
It sure seems like they gave up QC for more production and new products.
My optimism sure has waned.
Wynn:D

jlottmc
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
This may be interesting.

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I doubt we'll notice any significant change in the way we see stuff. Historically only the names and the money goes to different places. Imagine they will leave production and marketing pretty similar to what it is. There doesn't seem to be any harm done since their aquisition of Thompson and AO. I'm not sure it would be a good thing to put the name Kahr on the Magnum Research stuff but there's marketing wizards that went to college and make way more money than me that would know more about that than I.
Had a 50AE on my want list for a long time, not even sure what for, takes two big hands to even hold it much less shoot it. Pocket carry is definitely out and nobody makes an ankle holster for one. What ya gonna do. Maybe put a silencer on it and let bambi slayer use it so he don't wake the neighbors?

wyntrout
06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Maybe they can collaborate a bit and finally make a K45, DLC... with N/S... and maybe CT grips as an option. A K45 sure would be sweet. More ported barrels for all versions, too... and threaded barrel options. WooHoo!:w00t:
Wynn:D:

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe they can collaborate a bit and finally make a K45, DLC... with N/S... and maybe CT grips as an option. A K45 sure would be sweet. More ported barrels for all versions, too... and threaded barrel options. WooHoo!w00t:
Wynn:D:

Your optomism doesn't seem to be waning any longer.

johnh
06-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I hope this gives Kahr the option of importing IWI pistols. I know the Jericho line very, very well, and have long loved those pistols. Unfortunately, MRI lost the import rights to Charles Daly a while back; who then proceeded to go out of business. That would seem to leave the Jericho and other fine IWI products in a bit of limbo. Hopefully Justin was able to rope that brand back into the deal. A Kahr imported Jericho would be a lovely thing. To say nothing about a Kahr produced Galil or Tavor!

John

cgo99
06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Maybe they will come up with a PM50:86:, that would be sweet.

Longitude Zero
06-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Phooeey on importation. Bring the manufacturing facilities here to the good old USA!!!

Bawanna
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I like it, could happen. They can use the PM50 to test the new facilities and manufacturing assembly line. I like it alot.

noslolo
06-16-2010, 12:18 AM
My boss has a huge collection of firearms and his favorite handgun is a baby eagle, I can't wait to tell him about this!

Speedy
01-29-2011, 09:24 PM
maybe they will come up with a pm50:86:, that would be sweet.

lmao! :d

LuckyGunner
01-30-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm glad that Kahr/MRI is bringing back the steel framed baby eagle (941). It was getting a bit hard to find the 45 specifically.

Baby Eagle is the best CZ clone and I think in some ways a bit superior to the 75. Should be interesting seeing what Kahr does with the purchase of MRI in the future.

MW surveyor
01-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Always wonder what happened to Jerico (sp) pistols.

Why buy a CZ clone when you can have a "real" CZ :)