PDA

View Full Version : Slide release intechangable P9 & CW9

linksrds
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I have just purchased a new CW9 and I have checked the Kahr website and it seems that the slide rleease are the same ( and they should be) but the milled one is $24.50 and the one for the CW9 is also the same price.

I thought I could order a replacement slide release, one that is milled for my CW 9

Any thoughts on this, please.

gb6491
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I would imagine so, as they are interchangeable between the .45s; I have a milled one on my CW45.
http://i45.tinypic.com/25irqeq.jpg
Regards,
Greg

jfrey
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I haven't had a single problem with mine. Wondering why you want to change it out. I would spend the money on a box of carry ammo instead.

jocko
06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
I haven't had a single problem with mine. Wondering why you want to change it out. I would spend the money on a box of carry ammo instead.

agree, if it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT. The cw slide lock levers are MIM part but I have yet to ever read of a cw slide stop lever breaking, but I have read of the forged slide stop levers being sometimes out of spec. Makes no sense to me to change what works..:7:

gb6491
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I bought my machined stop becuase I planned to do some reduction work on the stop lever and wanted a spare part on hand in case that endeavor went astray. At $25 for either why not go with the machined piece?
On the other hand, a MIM slide stop may be a perfectly adequate part, but I feel the pin on the machined slide stop is a better option. I'm not knocking MIM technology here; I just think that it (or any cast piece) is not the best choice for a slide stop pin becuase of the forces the pin will be subjected during firing of the pistol.
As always, YMMV:yo:
Regards,
Greg

Yo :)