PDA

View Full Version : One handed Kahr takedown..........

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 07:15 PM
can you do it? :D

I am watching Rush Hour, and Jackie Chan takes down what I THINK was a Beretta 92 with one hand after disarming some security guards.

I then searched youtube to find it to see what they were for sure (if it was a movie mistake or not, which the movie has a lot of) and found videos of guys taking down glocks one handed.

So then I had to try, and take my P40 down one handed.

Loaded up with snap caps.
Drop the mag. easy
ejecting chambered round, REALLY hard, but can be done. (not counting using a table edge, I mean truly just in your one hand)
Pop out takedown pin, hard to get lined up, but was able to do.
Then I used gravity to drop the slide off.

It CAN be done. I was shocked. Not easy, but with lots of practice I am sure I could get good at it.

WHY? NO reason. Serves no purpose really. Just thought it was fun :p:der:

try it

wyntrout
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Those martial arts guys usually are pretty strong and dexterous, too. Everything isn't fake, but they take a lot of artistic license with stunts sometimes.
Work on stripping the slide of a Kahr like that.
Wynn:D

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
That is what I am saying, I just broke down my Kahr P40 one handed. It took a LOT longer than he did in the movie of course........ but I did get it done. It was not easy, but it was possible :D

wyntrout
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
You never know when something like that might come in handy... really. Just try changing magazines and racking a slide to chamber a round or clear a malfunction with only your weak hand... your strong hand or arm being incapacitated. In my case, I think that I might be able to do that, but in a timely manner and seeking cover... who knows?
That one-hand take down might be good for a parlor bet.
Wynn:D:popcorn:

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
The Beretta 92 had quite a reputation for its ease of take down. Gangs even used to practice grabbing from one another and taking the slide off. There use to be some surveillance video's of them ripping the slides off as their buddy pointed it in their face. When our guys carried Berettas the SOP was don't let the BG's get close while at gun point. If they tried to close on you shoot em. Never did have to shoot any, I think that was more of a california thing. Just doing what you've done, practice you can accomplish alot of stuff. My hats off to ya.:yo:
I seriously doubt I could take down either of my Kahrs one handed no matter how much practice but I may give a try for grins.
A Glock seems like it would be tough also, those take down levers don't hang out very far, tough with 2 hands.

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
You never know when something like that might come in handy... really. Just try changing magazines and racking a slide to chamber a round or clear a malfunction with only your weak hand... your strong hand or arm being incapacitated. In my case, I think that I might be able to do that, but in a timely manner and seeking cover... who knows?
That one-hand take down might be good for a parlor bet.
Wynn:D:popcorn:

The good thing for me, is I am right hand dominant, but left eye. I shoot left handed. :D. I actually have to stay in practice to do things properly with the LEFT hand to make it dominant since it is the hand my pistol stays in. My right hand can do the things a lot easier already :D

I do practice one handed mag changes and chambering etc. But not typically ONLY with my hand. Hard objects can help in that instance.

ripley16
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Not all Kahrs take down equally. I doubt I could ever remove the slide from my K9 one handed, but my T9 is another story. The pin pops out very easily on the T9.

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
yeah, my P40 comes out pretty easy. Manipulating it in my hand to pull the slide back to line it up and then press the pin out was not easy though.

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
The good thing for me, is I am right hand dominant, but left eye. I shoot left handed. :D. I actually have to stay in practice to do things properly with the LEFT hand to make it dominant since it is the hand my pistol stays in. My right hand can do the things a lot easier already :D

I do practice one handed mag changes and chambering etc. But not typically ONLY with my hand. Hard objects can help in that instance.

Its good to practice like you do. We have several cross dominant officers. Most of them shoot right but use their dominant left eye to kind of cross over. Rifle's another story, they have to shoot left. Guess you can retrain your body but you can't retrain your dominant eye.

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I am wacko dominant really :lol

I shoot rifles left
I shoot pistols either but mostly left (right hand only when point shooting though, or both eyes open)
I shoot pool left.
I shoot a right handed compound bow, left handed :D
I surf and skateboard (when I was a kid at least) lefty or goofy foot.
I throw and write right handed.
I fight/box right handed
I bat power right, place hit left.

the list goes on LOL. A lot of things I am fully ambi as well.... like hand tools.

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I am wacko dominant really :lol

I shoot rifles left
I shoot pistols either but mostly left (right hand only when point shooting though, or both eyes open)
I shoot pool left.
I shoot a right handed compound bow, left handed :D
I surf and skateboard (when I was a kid at least) lefty or goofy foot.
I throw and write right handed.
I fight/box right handed
I bat power right, place hit left.

the list goes on LOL. A lot of things I am fully ambi as well.... like hand tools.

I feel like I should send you a handicap sticker. I can't even pick my nose with my left hand, it's only there for a balanced look. Actually I swing a bat left, but throw right. If (perish the thought) I was to play golf, I'd want a left hand club. I did that little course golf and always wanted to go left. I already got a handicap sticker so I'm ok. Border line NOrmble.

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I play golf right handed.

Basically right hand is for power. Left is for finesse in most of what I do, other than writing which is right handed and has NO finesse with either hand. I write like a kindergartner LOL

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Actually........... forgot to mention, the one handed Kahr takedown almost has to be done left handed. :D

reason being the way you have to pull the slide back and use the tip of yoru finger to push the backside of the takedown pin towards your palm.

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok, loaded with one snap cap, all I had here. Ready set go.......................

Can't get that little tune from Jeopardy out of my head with Vanna White.......

struggling....................................

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
strike that. It can be done right handed too, but is a REAL PITA. :D And my right hand is stronger, but I run out of fingers trying to pull the slide back and push the pin out :D

Moto_joe
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok, loaded with one snap cap, all I had here. Ready set go.......................

Can't get that little tune from Jeopardy out of my head with Vanna White.......

struggling....................................

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/NetBuM/you-can-do-it.jpg

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
mutha *&%$^+@#$ get the dang &^%&(*& I'll &^%%&* be back<*&^^**

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 11:05 PM
grrrr &&^^&**^%%&&* can't get the gosh *&^^*&**&^*&*whats the &%$^& time so far^%&**.

jlottmc
06-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I saw Lethal Weapon 4 once and because we were in a Marine Corps Armory, we decided to try it. It can be done if... There is a lot that has to happen to make the if. We later discovered that the take down lever on that Beretta was already down when it was done. I couldn't do any of my pistols one handed. A Glock is fairly easy to do, but any way you cut it taking a pistol down one handed is PITA.

ripley16
06-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I did it! :cheer2:

Took me about 5 minutes and a few appropriate, descriptive :yell: curse words, but I finally dismantled my T9 with one hand, my right.

Bawanna
06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Day *&^%&*( 2, *&77 the challenge &^%^*( continues, &^%^%&*, I'm not sure about this. 8&^^( Tight stuff here. &^%%&**(

jlottmc
06-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. If YOU have those kinds of problems doing it, then the bad guys will be worse. And like you said even if it can be done, it'll be much harder to do as one gets shot in the face...

Bawanna
07-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Day 25, the saga continues. I can do this! May need new batteries in the clock but I'm getting this. I find myself wondering what I have a left hand for, I can't do diddly with it. Well I guess I can do diddly but not much more.
For the record I did and can do a Beretta, but theres no love tearing this Kahr apart one handed.

Having a hard time focusing, guess all I can think about is kahrseye sending me wife photo's and maybe a gun or something?

Ok, I'm back on it.

Shawn Dodson
07-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I carried a Beretta 96 (.40 S&W) on patrol.

To remove the slide you press a button on one side of the frame and then rotate a lever on the other side. The slide can be removed from the frame, one-handed, with the muzzle pointed at you, ala Jackie Chan, with practice.

Beretta came out with a modified "disassembly lever" that didn't have the little lip on it, and it required a lot more effort to rotate. At the time it was available only to law enforcement. I purchased one and fitted on my 96 because there were times we'd be in crowded gang houses with guns drawn. I had no doubt some of these guys were brazen enough to try the Jackie Chan slide removal trick.

Cheers!

O'Dell
07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Category:Movie - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Category:Movie)

It was a Beretta. This is a cool site where you can find out what guns were used in most movies and TV shows. I was always trying to figure out what pistol Jennie carried in NCIS, but could never get a good look. All the main characters carry various SIG, as they should in NCIS, but hers was different. Turns out it was a H&K P2000.

Armson-OEG
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I take down my CW9 one handed everytime i clean it, for that matter all mine are broke down one handed even the rifles..........But i have no choice cause i only have one hand(right hand). I can also remove the striker from the slide one handed:)

Bawanna
07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I take down my CW9 one handed everytime i clean it, for that matter all mine are broke down one handed even the rifles..........But i have no choice cause i only have one hand(right hand). I can also remove the striker from the slide one handed:)

It's truely amazing what a man can accomplish using only what he has to work with. They don't call us physically challenged for nothing.