PDA

View Full Version : Chili's and Sonic

h2ohhh
06-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Chili's today changed their policy to no open carry in their restaurants. Sonic said no guns period inside or on patios. I guess I can understand the Chili's 'no open carry' rule as it may make customers uneasy. Sonic is mostly drive in business and they didn't ban guns in your car. Seems like these companies are straddling the fence. Make your own choice regarding continued patronage.

I also read where Jack in the Box had 3 separate crimes committed with guns in the days following their no guns rule implementation. Jacka$$ in the Box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

muggsy
06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
So that's how they Sonic. That's a rather Chili reception. I'll stick with Burger King where I can have it my way. :)

leftysixty
06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
I got food poisoning at Jack's, have no use for the others. So could care less what they want.

AND, if I were to be in one of them places the would not know I was armed. None of their dang business.

ltxi
06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I have no issue with something like Chili's open carry ban in urban/suburban areas. Folk doing that are just annoyingly trying to make a statement that serves none of us well. And those freaks make me uneasy, too. Places such as rural working Wyoming, for example, are an entirely different story.

h2ohhh
06-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree. Working at the Gun bar at Academy Sports outside of Charlotte, NC last Christmas season we would have the occasional sketchy characters open carrying. Some made me uneasy so I'm sure customers felt the same way. Probably nobody would think twice about that in Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CJB
06-04-2014, 08:22 PM
At Sonic, the #@$@# food will be way more dangerous than any concealed carrier of a pistol

muggsy
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't have a problem with someone who openly carries a handgun provided that it is secured in a holster.