PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a CT45

2tango2
06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Grabagun running a special, 275 shipped. Total cost to me will be 295 after my dealer FFL fee.

I was looking at a used PM45 or, a CW45 but decided on the larger CT45

A nice deal I think! They also have the CW45 for 289 I believe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BEARDOG
06-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Congrats! Smoking good deal IMO!
FYI in case you didn't know This is even a sweeter deal with the free mag promo/\.
http://www.kahr.com/MagPromo2014.asp

I just got the GAG email myself and I am really trying to come up with a good reason not to jump on a CW45 @$289...Been waiting yrs for the CM45 to be released??? But a CW45 maybe better anyway when you factor in the ability to use 1911 officer mags.

2tango2
06-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the mag offer...had no idea!

Wow this deal just got better! I was contemplating the CW45 as I have a CW9 and love the size. Decided on the full size as I understand this will take 1911 mags as well?

My 3rd Kahr , cw9 and cw380

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bawanna
06-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Some 1911 mags work well in the CW. They also work in some instances on the PM45. My PM45 runs fine on unaltered Wilson 1911 mags.
The CW will have an almost flush fit with I believe the officer size mags.

Some mags need a little tweaking not to be confused with twerking (whatever that is) others seem to work as they are.

fastdrvr23
06-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Ordered a CT45 from grabagun as well, currently en route. It's my first Kahr purchase, been shooting for around 30 years, competitively since 1993. I've owned and still own a variety of different firearms, hope the Kahr is a great addition.

2tango2
06-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Ordered a CT45 from grabagun as well, currently en route. It's my first Kahr purchase, been shooting for around 30 years, competitively since 1993. I've owned and still own a variety of different firearms, hope the Kahr is a great addition.
Let us know what you think!

fastdrvr23
06-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Let us know what you think!

Ok, went to a wet and rainy range trip yesterday afternoon with the ct45. I'd ordered a spare magazine from ebay store eCop which came in on Thursday... Also, I'd emailed Kahr instead of post mailing the rebate, they replied with a tracking number on Thursday, should be here next week. I'd also ordered an ebay Daystar USA holster (made in GA) so I could keep it in a vehicle in something other than just plain naked. I don't plan to carry the pistol, as I'm pretty well set in my ways and with what I have after 16 years of E.D.C., but might in a pinch.

I'd read the pistol should require 200rds of break-in or so, which suites me fine, I usually like to shoot 400 - 500 over at least a couple of range trips before I really start to learn a new pistol anyways. So I took it and around 250rds of Winchester white box 230gr ball, as well as a few Hornady Critical Defense 185gr, Winchester PDX1 230gr hp, and finally some Remington Golden Sabre 230gr hp's.

I'd field stripped and cleaned the pistol when it arrived earlier in the week, basically treated it like a Glock with minimal lubrication. I didn't do anything to the magazines other than wipe them off a little bit.

First magazine through the pistol went without a hiccup, fed fine, decent amount of recoil for a this size pistol, though not unexpected with the weight. I've got gorilla sized hands, but the pistol is still comfortable to hold and shoot. Second magazine full through the pistol had the only malfunction of the trip, 2nd round through failed to feed. I hit the back of the slide with the heel of my hand and it went into battery easily, then fired as normal.

I shot at 10yds first, then worked my way back to 5yds or so, shooting one handed, off hand, firm grip, soft grip, etc. No issues at all from the pistol. It fed one magazine full of the defensive loads each through without any trouble, the only thing I noticed is the level of recoil for the Hornady ammo was more pronounced than the rest, hot stuff apparently. Accuracy at 10yds was point of aim, probably paper plate sized group total with all the random shooting holds, fast shooting, etc. Very happy with that. At 5yds on my last magazine, I put all 7rds in a golf ball sized group in the head portion of the silhouette target, which is about what I do with everything else outside of a target setup at that range, so that suited me fine as well.

After shooting all the .45 ammo I'd brought, I could tell the checkering on the slim sized grip had made my hand a little sore, so if you're a big time range shooter you might want to wear gloves for an extended trip.

Overall, I'm really happy with the pistol. Cleaned and inspected it when I got home, nothing out of the ordinary. I feel confident in adding it to at least the vehicle fleet now. Seems like a great gun for the price point and a good starter gun for someone who may be interested in a 1911 commander sized pistol, but lighter, cheaper in price and made in the USA.

If anyone has any questions about the pistol that I might be able to help with, please ask, I'll be glad to try and help.

I'm going to try and post a picture or two below...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/fastdrvr23/Random/k1_zps8b15fa93.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/fastdrvr23/media/Random/k1_zps8b15fa93.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd128/fastdrvr23/Random/k2_zpsb00105a4.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/fastdrvr23/media/Random/k2_zpsb00105a4.jpg.html)

2tango2
06-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like things went well. I haven't had a chance to even do an initial cleaning on mine yet. I did email my forms for the free mag though

Everything you reported sounded like what I was expecting especially the recoil. I imagine it is on par with a CW45 recoil. Stout but in a 23oz gun expected

I was going to get a Talon grip to help with the aggressive checkering but they don't make one yet. Might try the old bike tube grip lol

Thanks for the good feedback

BlahX3
06-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the mag offer...had no idea!

Wow this deal just got better! I was contemplating the CW45 as I have a CW9 and love the size. Decided on the full size as I understand this will take 1911 mags as well?

Mine just arrived. I like the size and feel. Hope to shoot tomorrow.
Has anyone successfully used the full size 1911 magazines on a CT45?
8 rounds would be nice.
Thanks.

2tango2
06-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Mine just arrived. I like the size and feel. Hope to shoot tomorrow.
Has anyone successfully used the full size 1911 magazines on a CT45?
8 rounds would be nice.
Thanks.

I tried some full sized mags but they didn't lock in....thee ones I used had large bumper mag plates though...commander sized ones too short too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Photoman
07-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I think the Officer's size 1911 mags in the CW45 are the only combination that works (and even those require some modification).

2tango2
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Doh...I mean Officer sized.....Commander size.....duh.

Bawanna
07-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Commander size is full size. IE: standard 1911 frame with a shorter slide and barrel. Officer size is the compact shorter mag.

2tango2
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Commander size is full size. IE: standard 1911 frame with a shorter slide and barrel. Officer size is the compact shorter mag.
Yup!

Neither worked in the CT45