PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see "The Defender" personal defense device?

Rotorflyr
06-26-2014, 09:25 PM
http://www.getthedefender.com

I like the concept, (though find the "siren" to be kinda pointless) especially if the formulation of the spray has been done right, but how well the execution was/is done remains to be seen.

I also wonder about the 50 State Legal claim...and how long it will be before certain cities will "ban" this...LOL

Thoughts?

happypuppy
06-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Yes OC is legal in all states but some have restrictions on age and locations, size. Some municipalities due as well. IMO it looks pretty complicated

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells

Bill K
06-27-2014, 05:41 AM
Very interesting. Didn't go through the entire site so don't know what the purchase price and monitoring fees will be. Cost could be a deal breaker for a lot of folks unless they're given out like "Obama Phones".

JohnR
06-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Yes, interesting idea. I'd want my end to be anonymous. I do not want anyone monitoring my locations and activities. Let all that get switched on when I unleash the product, and it might be acceptable.

Rotorflyr
06-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Yes, interesting idea. I'd want my end to be anonymous. I do not want anyone monitoring my locations and activities. Let all that get switched on when I unleash the product, and it might be acceptable.

I agree, but realize that if you have a smart phone (or any cell phone for that matter) your location can be tracked already.

As for cost, the only thing I saw say's it will be 1/2 the cost of current Medical Alert monitoring systems...so I guess that equates to "For less then the cost of a cup of coffee"...LOL

downtownv
06-28-2014, 03:01 AM
$.49 per day monitoring.
9 mm HP $1.15
9 mm FMJ $.30

Lemme think about it.....

hardluk1
06-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Yea, a few to many gadgets and a cost that I don't care to pay. Or want.