PDA

View Full Version : LEO/Military Pricing

bayoutrigger
06-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Before asking my dealer about his military/LEO pricing for a new Kahr I'm wondering how it works. Is there a price fixed by Kahr or is it dealer discretion?

How does this work with the distributor the dealer buys from?

Does the dealer buy a LEO/Military gun direct from Kahr and bypass the distributor?

Bawanna
06-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Before asking my dealer about his military/LEO pricing for a new Kahr I'm wondering how it works. Is there a price fixed by Kahr or is it dealer discretion?

How does this work with the distributor the dealer buys from?

Does the dealer buy a LEO/Military gun direct from Kahr and bypass the distributor?

I'm not certain how Kahr does it but Glock sells guns for civillian and for LE/Military and the two don't cross paths. Dealers can't sell LE guns to civilians even though they are the same except LE always comes with 3 mags instead of 2. The dealer our dept uses many times had LE guns but no civilian or vice versa and the price is determined by Glock. The individual dealers can create their own deal also. Buds has several brands with special pricing for LE/Military. I'm sure the manufacturer gives LE dealers a price break if the guns are meant for LE sale.
There's a few gray areas and things sometimes vary from place to place. My local LE dealer will sell to civilian LE just like commissioned, Buds says I don't qualify, there are several LE dealers in California (how weird is that) some sell to both civillian LE and commissioned and some don't.
Not sure there's a clear answer to your question.

polyglockahr
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I recently contacted KAHR directly about LE sales and received a response to this effect:

Thanks for your interest in our products.
No I'm sorry we do not have a direct LE officer program at this time.
It is something we may consider in the future.
In the meantime we are working with Hunter Sports and Coliseum Gun Traders on Long Island for sales to LEOs.

KAHR referred me to several local dealers that sell their products with no specified LE pricing, but dealers that apparently give a discount of some nature. Hope this clarifies the situation...

GD2J
06-13-2010, 07:13 AM
While they don't have LE pricing, they DO have a discount program for instructors (either LE or NRA). It is one gun a year, and the discount is substantial.

polyglockahr
06-13-2010, 03:36 PM
While they don't have LE pricing, they DO have a discount program for instructors (either LE or NRA). It is one gun a year, and the discount is substantial.

Where would someone go to take advantage of this program...?

GD2J
06-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Where would someone go to take advantage of this program...?

It is not through a dealer, but is rather direct from Kahr. You must contact them to get the info about it.

I will say that the PM9 through this program was $410. (I only remember because that's the one I got.)