PDA

View Full Version : New guy...

larryz
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm Larry, and I'm a new Kahr fanatic!

I found a new P45 on sale for $120 off and bought it with tax refund money. This will be my carry gun once I finish certifying it, and it replaces a Walther PP in that role. The amazing thing -- the P45 is just about the same size as the Walther, but barks and bites with much more authority! It joins my PP, a Taurus PT-99AFS, and a Tavor to round out my current collection.

I've seen lots of people discussing feed or ejection issues in their P- and CM-series. I'm happy to report my first 100 rounds (American Eagle 230 gr FMJ) fed without a hitch. All I did prior to shooting was run a boresnake thru the barrel and lube up the slide contact points. The only anomaly -- when I slammed the first loaded magazine home, the slide released and chambered a round without my having to thumb the slide release. It surprised me, yes, and I did a quick function check after unloading. Everything worked fine after that (I figure I hadn't fully seated the slide lock before loading the magazine).

And accuracy? My first 5 rounds, slow fired at 15 feet, were all in the 10 circle of a half-size silhouette. I'd call that accurate.

So I'm happy with my purchase, and looking forward to the next 100 rounds! And some good information off this forum!

warbird1
07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the first range report. Sounds good. A fine use for a tax refund.

berettabone
07-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Don't let the gov't know what you used that refund for.........................................share the wealth you know:rolleyes:

larryz
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
A fine use for a tax refund.

Don't let the gov't know what you used that refund for...

LOL -- thanks. I call it .45 caliber welfare -- I figure I kept a few good Americans in Worcester, Massachusetts, employed for a few more days...

garyb
07-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Welcome larry!

Photoman
07-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the forum!