PDA

View Full Version : Please help me,I`m weakening.

Dietrich
09-20-2009, 01:39 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was in a gun store and saw a CW45.I already own a PM9 with the stainless slide so this 45 really caught my eye. I asked to see it and the clerk was happy to oblige. My little friend that sits on my shoulder and whispers good advice to me said,"You already have 9mms and .357s for carry.You don`t need this.Leave and go home." I listened to him but ever since then,the other guy who whispers to me has been saying things like,"You only live once and Why don`t you treat yourself,you moron?"Truly a dilemma that needs to be resolved by a level head.Here`s the problem.When I picked that handgun up I knew that I had made a mistake. I don`t mean to be off color and I hope I don`t offend anyone`s delicate sensibilities but boys,Do you remember the first time you held a girl`s breast in your hand? Remember how that felt JUST RIGHT?? That gun felt that good.As you can see,I don`t have a level head so can you give me some good reasons not to go back to that gun store? I need help.Please.Soon.

Armybrat
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I trust by "feel" you mean ergonomics and not polymer. :D

But yeah, I'm afraid that's going to happen to me too. Can hardly wait. ;)

What is the price on it up there? Saw one at a copshop in Austin for $410, and my regular dealer quoted me $450....if he ever gets one in. :rolleyes:

Dietrich
09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I believe it was $455.00 but I think the pricetag was obscured by my drool.

500KV
09-20-2009, 02:45 PM
You need to "just go ahead".
I bought my PM9 and CW45 the same day.
The thing was just sitting in that vacant space next to where the PM9 was.
They do "feel" and shoot good as well.

Just don't start putting it in your mouth like you did the UUUH... other thing you mentioned.

lunde
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Pony up, and simply get a P45. ;)

yankee2500
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I think if it felt like your comparison it would already be in my bed, I mean gun safe:D I think you need to have it and deserve it. Really I'm not the right person to take advice from because I'm a gun whore, got my PM40 a few weeks ago and now have a P380 on the way. But if like it that much go ahead and add to the collectoin.:)
John

Chief Joseph
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
I was hearing those same voices you were hearing at the gun show this weekend. Saw several CW's, .45 and .40. I dearly wanted to get one, but then another voice, my wifes, reminded me she'd kill me if I bought another gun this year.

greenjeans
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Bought my CW45 just because a co-worker found it and said I should so he wouldn't. Already had a CW9 so I resisted temptation for a couple of days. Went to the shop and it was still there so it came home. Flawless since I had it and it is on my hip now. Great concealed carry pistol. Get one.

Dietrich
09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope none of you guys ever get a job on a suicide prevention hotline. I asked for help to not go back to the gun store and look at the advice you`ve offered. What a scurrilous bunch of knaves have I fallen in with? The right bunch it seems.

ltxi
09-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm the wrong person to ask for help with this...I have either 44 or 46 firearms and am thinking about buying another Kahr, a K40. I'm also on my fourth, and final, wife.

Dietrich
09-24-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm the wrong person to ask for help with this...I have either 44 or 46 firearms and am thinking about buying another Kahr, a K40. I'm also on my fourth, and final, wife.
I`m on my third wife [ not literally on her as I type this] and I finally got it right this time. However,she is also one of the voices I have whispering [well,she doesn`t really whisper] in my ear not to buy the CW45 but man,I want that thing.It`s only a matter of time.

jocko
09-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Just tell her that ur first two wives would not let you buy a cw45 either!!!!!

ltxi
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Just tell her that ur first two wives would not let you buy a cw45 either!!!!!

I think that most likely would not be wise :cool:

johnh
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Okay, that got me laughing pretty good! I agree, probably not the best advice. I will say that the CW line are a tremendous value. They shoot very well and accomplish the purpose of the model at a price that is relatively easy on the pocket book. A CW45 is probably my next Kahr pistol. I want to try out a 45 model, but have 1911s that cover most of my need for a CCW carry pistol. A CW would give me the chance to try a Kahr in my preferred carry caliber without denting my wallet too much. Choices like that do tend to keep the Mrs. happy--at least if she knows I am going to spend the money on a gun one way or another.

:D

John

WMD
09-25-2009, 02:58 PM

Holy Shikes!!! ;)

er..., uh...., so why is the 4th wife your final wife? :D

ltxi
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Holy Shikes!!! ;)

er..., uh...., so why is the 4th wife your final wife? :D

Yeah, that's 50+ years of collecting guns.....and reluctance to part with most of them.

As to the "final wife" part, I'll go with Dietrich's comment....finally got it right.

Cappy
09-25-2009, 06:55 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was in a gun store and saw a CW45.I already own a PM9 with the stainless slide so this 45 really caught my eye. I asked to see it and the clerk was happy to oblige. My little friend that sits on my shoulder and whispers good advice to me said,"You already have 9mms and .357s for carry.You don`t need this.Leave and go home." I listened to him but ever since then,the other guy who whispers to me has been saying things like,"You only live once and Why don`t you treat yourself,you moron?"Truly a dilemma that needs to be resolved by a level head.Here`s the problem.When I picked that handgun up I knew that I had made a mistake. I don`t mean to be off color and I hope I don`t offend anyone`s delicate sensibilities but boys,Do you remember the first time you held a girl`s breast in your hand? Remember how that felt JUST RIGHT?? That gun felt that good.As you can see,I don`t have a level head so can you give me some good reasons not to go back to that gun store? I need help.Please.Soon.

I would say get it if you can. I have the P45, and have been very happy with it. Knock on wood, but I have had great luck with zero problems with my Kahr guns!

HVAC Worker
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
You cant go wrong with the cw45,its what I carry everyday and have put over 600 rounds thru it withut a problem.

Dietrich
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Went back to the gun store today and came home with a new friend. The flower of femininity that I`m married to said she was going to whip my hiney.Hey,this may be a win-win situation after all. Now,where did I put those Barry White CDs....

TonyDe
10-03-2009, 05:42 PM
My friend you are suffering along with me with a bad case of Kahr "Gun Aquistion Syndrome" there is no cure for it so just go for it.

Same thing happen to me this week. Ordered a P380 and PM9 due to arrive shortly. Went by the shop to see if they are soon expected and got confirmation that they are. While there I got a peek at at a PM45. I liked what I saw but then the shop owner went to the safe and showed my a P45. It was over at that point. I'd been smitten.. I am going tomorrow morning to add a 3rd gun to my Kahr Order that will be a Black Diamond P45. Man I can hardly wait for delivery.

I hope I am doing the right thing. I've owned a number of Stainless Framed Kahrs and other than the weight enjoyed all of them. I hope that these Polymer frame Kahrs are just as good.

I'd love to hear of anyones experiences and opinions regarding the P45.

Gr8pilot
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Get the 45, you'll be glad you did. I already had two .45's a 1911 and an XD to go with a S&W 39 but the CW45 was just to good to pass up, even at $475

.45mac.40
10-23-2009, 09:14 PM
:popcorn:

Git' tha' CW45 and use your beloved CW9 in an ankle hoster ...
Never hurts ... to have TWO LUVs , with ya' !??!

Me ?
I carry a CW40 24/7, AND I, would still get a CW45, just for chits and giggles !

Mac :53:

:80: 1/185th AR, 40th Mech Div.

gunmut
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM

Only have one wife but I do have 3 CW45, great 45 ACP