PDA

View Full Version : PM9193 range report

DPR
07-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Hello fellow Kahr owners:
Third trip to the range with my PM9193 (manual safety and LCI). Shot 100rds (300 total) of WWB.
1st trip- 100 rds... no failures of any kind.
2nd trip- 100 rds...2 misfires. Not sure if it was the gun (light strikes) or ammo (hard primers).
In any case I loaded both rounds at the end of the session and both fired fine.
3rd trip- 100 rds...2 failure-to-feed/fire but not quite sure what happened.

Here is the story:
Towards the middle of the session after the 3rd round of a mag I pull the trigger and nothing. I look at the gun and notice the LCI is down...no ammo in the chamber. I am thinking failure-to-feed so I rack a new round and pull the trigger but nothing happens. The LCI is now up and then I notice the manual safety is engaged. I don't know if it engaged by itself through vibration of the gun or if I accidentally engaged it with my fingers during recoil. If it engaged by itself that is a problem. If I engaged it that is still a problem but one I can solve by training. After that incident all other rounds fired fine. I will pay closer attention to my grip from now on.

DPR
07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Update: Went to the range yesterday...100rds of Blazer Brass (CCI/Speer) brand ammo and not a single failure. Of note is the fact that last time I cleaned the gun I forgot to lubricate it. The external safety did not engage so I will assume that the previous incident was user error (my error).