PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a BLACK p380 ?

citrusdog
06-15-2010, 03:06 PM
If so, how is it performing?

The reason I ask is... I have both - and they perform very differently :D :mad:

linksrds
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I have the standard matt finish SS and it has prefromed flawlessly after the break-in shooting session...

During the first 25 rounds of the break-in I had two FTF and one FTE.

Could you clairfy what "different " is

citrusdog
06-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Two were bought within days of each other and shot side by side for 150 rounds of Magtech FMJ ammo - after thorough Breakfree cleaning - and cleaning between each 50.

SS has been flawless.

B-SS can do nothing right. Most annoying is that the slide does not completely cycle. It finishes between 1/8 to a 1/4 inch short when coming forward. Causing shooter to have to push slide forward to fire next round. Did not improve from box to box... actually it got worse. Last 50 rounds got heavy cleaning and oiling... still no good.

I have my own opinions... about what is going on. It's headed to Worcester.

I can't find anyone on youtube - or anywhere for that matter that says their black stainless is awesome.

hsart
06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Two were bought within days of each other and shot side by side for 150 rounds of Magtech FMJ ammo - after thorough Breakfree cleaning - and cleaning between each 50.

SS has been flawless.

B-SS can do nothing right. Most annoying is that the slide does not completely cycle. It finishes between 1/8 to a 1/4 inch short when coming forward. Causing shooter to have to push slide forward to fire next round. Did not improve from box to box... actually it got worse. Last 50 rounds got heavy cleaning and oiling... still no good.

I have my own opinions... about what is going on. It's headed to Worcester.

I can't find anyone on youtube - or anywhere for that matter that says their black stainless is awesome.
My black slide P380 has about 160 rounds through it and has performed well though certainly not perfectly. No cycling problems like you mentioned but have had 3-4 stovepipe malfunctions that were easily cleared (except for one) and about 6-7 slide lock backs which may be user error. Haven't used Magtech but have heard some have had horrible results with it... I do not know why. Change your ammo to a few different brand name fmj's and see what happens when you get it back. I would be interested to hear what Kahr service says and does.

Bawanna
06-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm curious what your opinions are as to what's happening. I agree with hsart in getting some different ball type ammo to try and I would probably do that prior to sending it back. Clean and lube well, see the jocko created breaking in a new Kahr thread in the tech section along with the lube diagram. Give it another box to see if it gets any better.
One is performing and one isn't so if your shooting both, it has to be a gun issue, not an operator issue. Could be lots of things, don't give up on it. Keep us posted on what develops.

linksrds
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Re: MagTech .380 FMJ ammo.

That is what I used to break in my SS P380. As i said I had seveal malfunctions in the first 25 rounds of the break-in but after that, there was zero problems.

the first shooting session was a little over 125 rounds and the second was 100 rounds.

i also used WW white box with truncated cone and have zeroo problems with that as well.

i think that Kahr would say that it has not been shot for 200 rounds as they say in their booklet ...