PDA

View Full Version : Considering ct9 for cc

hitmankcin
08-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I have been looking for a concealed carry 9mm. Yesterday i went down to my local gun so and browsed around. I had gone in search of a bersa bcp9 but couldn't find any in town.

The owner recommended a kahr so I looked at the selection held a few and the ct9 just felt great in my hands enough length on the grip for my entire hand to fit. Barely noticeable in my waste band. It was great.

This gun however is new and I can't seem to find a good review of it or what to expect, (performance/reliability) of the weapon.

I had also considered the keltec pf9. However the shop owner informed me he had stopped carrying all keltec firearms. He said the weapons were almost trash out of the box and some required decent amount of work to make reliable.

A glance at the keltec owners forums shines the light on a bucket load of problems with the fire arm.

My question again is how reliable is khar in general. Can I expect reliability with little to no need of modification to the weapon?

b4uqzme
08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Of course you will get a lot of strong, positive recommendations here as we are Kahr owners ourselves. Research any Kahr polymer 9mm review and that reliability info should translate well to the CT9. They are all made with the same quality. The threads here are a great place to start.

Good luck, welcome.

forestranger
08-04-2014, 08:29 AM
I have had a CM9 and 2 CW9s for a while and they've been great. Just got a CT9 and so far, love it too. For pocket carry, it's the CM9, for IWB carry under light clothing, it's the CW9 and I think for cooler/cold weather, it's gonna be the CT9. For year round concealed carry if I could only have one, I'd take the CW9. $.02 worth!

yqtszhj
08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Kahrs 9mm pistols are top notch. Ive owned the cw9 and cm9 and never had a single problem with them. 9mm is kahrs flagship caliber. I have the cw45 and the cm45 too. Cw45 had a kink to work through that I fixed myself but the cm45 has been excellent the first 100 rounds. Not even a hickup.

DavidR
08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I owned a CW9 and currently own a CM9. Both have been great.

hitmankcin
08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the replies

Pkersey2
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Cm9 is great. Disappears in my OWB holster under an untucked polo.

franco45
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Kahrs 9mm pistols are top notch. Ive owned the cw9 and cm9 and never had a single problem with them. 9mm is kahrs flagship caliber.

I would agree with this statement. I carried my CT9 yesterday for the first time (owb in Tagua belt slide) under a Hawaiian shirt. I have also owned a CW9 for several years. It has been 100%. I had a CM9 and will probably get another one after my misadventures with the PF9, Kimber Solo and Diamondback DB9. Like they say ya' don't know what ya' got till it's gone.

Blackhawk83
08-18-2014, 05:17 PM
i am only 250 round s in on my new CT9 but have experienced no FTF or FTE in that time frame. Love this gun and price point can not be beat but you better hurry as I understand this to be an introductory offer

hitmankcin
08-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Picked mine up for 340 haven't had a chance to hit the range. Disappears under a t shirt love it.

fc321
09-22-2014, 10:55 AM
I ordered a CT-9 from buds gun shop for $288 shipped and I was planning on using it for concealed carry here in a tropical climate. But then I decided I would be better off with the CW9 because the CT-9 would maybe be too large for everyday carry.

So when I called buds gun shop they said they would charge me a 10% "change/cancellation" fee if I wanted to change it to the CW9 (they had not yet shipped the order out). What a bunch of jerks, I was polite and they refused to waive the fee so I decided to just stay with the CT9.

Do you think I will be okay to just ccw the CT9 inside a IWB holster for daily use? I wear mostly jeans and a T-shirt or polo shirt everyday.

hitmankcin
09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
I am 180lbs 6 foot even. I wear t-shirts shorts and cc with an uncle mikes iwb. Haven't had a problem yet

CPTKILLER
09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
My Kahr MK9 is superb.

garred8787
09-22-2014, 12:43 PM
I ordered a CT-9 from buds gun shop for $288 shipped and I was planning on using it for concealed carry here in a tropical climate. But then I decided I would be better off with the CW9 because the CT-9 would maybe be too large for everyday carry.

So when I called buds gun shop they said they would charge me a 10% "change/cancellation" fee if I wanted to change it to the CW9 (they had not yet shipped the order out). What a bunch of jerks, I was polite and they refused to waive the fee so I decided to just stay with the CT9.

Do you think I will be okay to just ccw the CT9 inside a IWB holster for daily use? I wear mostly jeans and a T-shirt or polo shirt everyday.

in my experience it's more difficult to conceal the grip than the slide when it comes to belt carry so push come to shove you could bust out a file and coping saw and make yourself a "covert" and reduce the grip length to that of a cw9/p9 also you could run p9 mags with the flush baseplates. you'll be fine in my opinion.

codegeek
09-22-2014, 02:23 PM
I owned a CW9 and currently own a CM9. Both have been great.

same here. my CM9 is the little pocket 9mm that could...

forestranger
09-22-2014, 03:00 PM
I like the CT9 best when wearing cooler weather clothes, the CW9 for IWB warm weather and CM9 for any season pocket carry.

muggsy
09-22-2014, 05:42 PM
The CW9 is as large as I would go for concealed carry unless you are a large framed man. The CT9 is better suited as a range gun or for home defense than it is for concealed carry. Just my opinion.

hardluk1
09-23-2014, 06:03 AM
I carry a few year old tp40. Same size as the ct9. I am not a jacket cover up kind of guy mainly loose t shirts or one size large bottom\n down square bottoms. The ct or tp are a 1911 commander sized pistol . I am heavy at 240 and 5-9 1/2 ' I need that extra 1/1" in there. I wear the tp40 in a 2:00 position with the hand gun leaning to the rear so that the grip sits parallel to my belt. That allows me to sit or drive comfortable and access my pistol bend over to work with no issues . My holster is a comp-tac minotaur neutral but a few other neutral cant holster will allow enough adjustment to work too. garrett silent thunder fusion and others with comp-tacs belt clips added.

I have had whats called "trigger finger" surgery on two fingers, index and middle. Still not 100% .That has caused me issues with shooting my thin kahrs specialy my tp40 and for now I am can even larger M&P core 9mm full size 4.25" barrel with rmr optics in my wifes same comp-tac in the same position . I can deal with my underwood 124grP+ and practice loads are fine.

So unless you work in a very physical job I don't see CC'n the ct9 a problem as I was a carpenter. Only your body size could cause concern. Little skinny guys or galls can have CC issues with larger pistols. A 5-9 160lber and larger should have no problems. The light weight helps. I have swapped the belt clips and cc'd in a 3;30 position and that's fine but I prefer front side cc.
My comp-tac holster and tp40-
http://s331.photobucket.com/user/hardluk1/media/100_0412_zps35febc3f.jpg.html?o=26

The M&P now CC'n-
http://s331.photobucket.com/user/hardluk1/media/102_0114_zps2e637d25.jpg.html?o=5

fc321
09-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for your experiences. I am certainly concerned but I see the size difference between the CW9 and the CT9 is very, very little. Does it really make such a big difference in everyday carry? Mostly appendix carry IWB was what I was planning to do.

fc321
09-24-2014, 07:57 PM
in my experience it's more difficult to conceal the grip than the slide when it comes to belt carry so push come to shove you could bust out a file and coping saw and make yourself a "covert" and reduce the grip length to that of a cw9/p9 also you could run p9 mags with the flush baseplates. you'll be fine in my opinion.

Hmmm, that may not be a bad idea, I feel if the bottom of the mag was flush without that extender it would not be too bad.

I dont believe the p9 mags are compatible, at least not according to the Kahr website, are you sure? Anyhow I will be getting the 8 + 1 that comes with it and also the free mag (same) that they are offering thru this mail in rebate style promotion.

Im going to make a youtube video when I get it as far as whether its appropriate gun for daily carry and so forth. Its a new model and not so many reviews available

hardluk1
09-25-2014, 08:15 AM
P9 mag CW9 mags does not matter as they are the same . If you want to run metal base plates?? They works too. I run them on mu tp40. If you run the black plastic base You might want to grind the lip off the front edge for some hands. All the kahrs can be carried on the front half of you body with only the right holster. I also use a 8 shot mag is a carry mag from the larger kahr tp9 or now the ct9 on both the cw9 and cm9 . Not the one with the goofy extra black wrap around. The CT and TP will not work with the short mags for the p or cw series.

McE
12-13-2014, 01:33 PM
There really wasn't anything new about the CT9 as far as functioning bits go, so there's no reason to ne concerned as if this was a new design.

Armybrat
12-13-2014, 06:17 PM
There really wasn't anything new about the CT9 as far as functioning bits go, so there's no reason to ne concerned as if this was a new design.
I think the same way about my CT380, except that the longer "bits" should function better than those in its little brother, the CW380.

garred8787
02-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Hmmm, that may not be a bad idea, I feel if the bottom of the mag was flush without that extender it would not be too bad.

I dont believe the p9 mags are compatible, at least not according to the Kahr website, are you sure? Anyhow I will be getting the 8 + 1 that comes with it and also the free mag (same) that they are offering thru this mail in rebate style promotion.

Im going to make a youtube video when I get it as far as whether its appropriate gun for daily carry and so forth. Its a new model and not so many reviews available

sorry I miss typed that. you can buy the flush metal base plates for the pm9 mags ($8 ea from kahr's site) and put them on your mags

hardluk1
03-05-2015, 06:33 AM
That's what I did with my 40 mags . Used the stock metal mag base's off my cm9 mags for my tp40 mags and then belt sanded off the lip on the front edge of the plastic mag base for the cm9 mags .