PDA

View Full Version : Glock Single Stack 9

Longitude Zero
08-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Lenny at the GlockStore has blabbed that Glock is developing a single stack 9mm. Well they finally. Now I won several Glocks and feel they should have already done this. I predict average sales due to the Glock-Aide the Glock-o-philes consume in mass quantities. It is however a market already SATURATED and frankly they are a decade late and a dollar short. What say everybody else?

DavidR
08-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I expect it will be too big for me to CC. That being said I like the way my Glock 19 points and I prefer single stack to double stack so you never know. It may depend on how easy it is to rack the slide. My wife is able to rack the 19 with a reduced power recoil spring.

Bawanna
08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I predict they'll sell like hotcakes. Just too many devout Glock fans. And people will buy stuff even if they already have that base covered. Many of us here do the same thing.

I have no interest in one but when it gets out who knows it might change my mind. Seems quality etc seems to drop some when they mess with stuff or bring out new models. Only time will tell.

berettabone
08-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Never wanted one, in any variety..............something about a firearm that you can put in the dishwasher, makes me want to................................................ .:puke:

GLOCKROCKER
08-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I'll probably get one at some point, just not one of the first production models. I never buy anything when it first hits the shelf. I don't think it would replace my CM9 but it's nice to have variety.

Longitude Zero
08-07-2014, 12:17 PM
And people will buy stuff even if they already have that base covered. Many of us here do the same thing.

Before I wised up I did to. Having multiples that serve the same purpose is silly at best and stupid at worst. Doing so ties up money better spent on covering bases not already covered. For instance one deer rifle is okay, two is excessive, and three is beyond intelligent.

JohnR
08-07-2014, 12:18 PM
The market for a biggish .380 was assumed to be non-existant too. A single stack Glock will sell because it's a Glock.

Longitude Zero
08-07-2014, 12:24 PM
The market for a biggish .380 was assumed to be non-existant too.

They are selling but at a rate way below what Glock expected. An Glock LEO Rep recently told me that they way over estimated the demand for the 380. Some models that were supposed to sell like there was no tomorrow just had average sales. Now average for Glock might be great for other manufacturers.

JohnR
08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
They are selling but at a rate way below what Glock expected. An Glock LEO Rep recently told me that they way over estimated the demand for the 380. Some models that were supposed to sell like there was no tomorrow just had average sales. Now average for Glock might be great for other manufacturers.
That kinds tells me Glock thinks way too highly of themselves.

And that G42s will be available cheap in the future.

b4uqzme
08-07-2014, 12:39 PM

^^^^ I expect the same for the single stack 9mm. But no interest here. My MK9 has spoiled me for all 9mm. I cannot bring myself to buy any other.

GLOCKROCKER
08-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Before I wised up I did to. Having multiples that serve the same purpose is silly at best and stupid at worst. Doing so ties up money better spent on covering bases not already covered. For instance one deer rifle is okay, two is excessive, and three is beyond intelligent.
Well I guess me and a whole lot of other guys on here are "stupid". I've got multiples for everything I use a firearm for from CC to home protection to hunting deer, turkey, dove and squirrels. I just like guns. I guess my a$$ would be covered with one pair of drawers, but I have multiples of those also. "Silly" me!

Bawanna
08-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Yup I'm in the way stupid category too. I don't hunt anymore but I think I still got a couple dozen suitable hunting rifles.

For carry guns I consider them accessories like a purse or shoes. I mean not just any gun will go with my pretty pink pumps, or my 5" spike heels ya know.

b4uqzme
08-07-2014, 01:24 PM
count me in for "silly".

Bawanna
08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
How bout this guy, he's gotta be the king of silly. Dang I'm envious though.

JohnR
08-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Well I guess me and a whole lot of other guys on here are "stupid". I've got multiples for everything I use a firearm for from CC to home protection to hunting deer, turkey, dove and squirrels. I just like guns. I guess my a$$ would be covered with one pair of drawers, but I have multiples of those also. "Silly" me!
I know of someone who's shot 10,000 rounds through a Glock without cleaning it. Your underwear won't last that long between cleanings!

Longitude Zero
08-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I wish there was an obvious sarcasm avatar. I have multiples of virtually everything I own. For instance I have 3 AR's but one is set up SBR, one Carbine, one Long Range shooter. Each serves a unique purpose and is built for only that purpose. As to CW I have wisely limited myself to 2 weapons. Hot Weather/Cold Weather. Both are 45ACP, is there any other caliber for CCW, not in my house! However there is a limit. For instance I use the same hunting shotgun for almost everything but I have a complete set of differing barrel lengths and chokes depending upon the birds I am hunting. It makes justifiable sense to minimize caliber distribution due to cost factors and don't use orphan calibers. Also the fewer manual of arms you have to become familiar with the better.

ltxi
08-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Guess I'm "way beyond intelligent"er than dirt.

I have two issues with my Glocks. With a single stack 9 I'd be down to just one....grip angle. Guess I'll go check it out.

yqtszhj
08-07-2014, 08:18 PM
How bout this guy, he's gotta be the king of silly. Dang I'm envious though.

Thats beautiful I'd say.

Planedude
08-08-2014, 04:47 AM
Always looking and ready to add another 1911 to the stable. Good deals are never get a pass (which pisses off the wife).

A single stack Glock would be like buying a four cylinder 2015 Dodge Challenger. I guess you could, but WHY...?

JohnR
08-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Why? For the same reason you'd buy a single stack Kahr 9mm, thin and simple to operate. Are we saying Glock is trying to compete with Kahr? Justin must be breaking out the champagne!

mser
08-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Why? For the same reason you'd buy a single stack Kahr 9mm, thin and simple to operate. Are we saying Glock is trying to compete with Kahr? Justin must be breaking out the champagne!

Exactly. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Longitude Zero
08-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Glock may try to emulate a Kahr but they could never copy it.

marcinstl
08-08-2014, 03:23 PM
there's a difference between a 7 shot, single stack 9mm (a "get off me gun") and a 15-18 shot, double stack 9mm ("combat gun"). all depends on where you are and who you think is going to be jumping out at ya. personally, I'd error to the fat side and be accused of "over dressing".

ltxi
08-08-2014, 03:53 PM

Now that there be a good question/comment. Guess I've always viewed my Glocks as good, reliable, cheap appliance guns that I don't much care about losing and easily able to withstand jocko's preferred method of cleaning....Dawn in a toilet bowl overnight. Never thought about my Kahrs, or any of my other guns that way.

JohnR
08-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I agree, Kahrs have character and soul, Glocks are cold soulless leadchuckers.

gunmut
08-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I to am silly as hell, I always default to the old saying "one is none and two is one" I have 2-3 of everything I really like. I look at this way, if I ever need to sell something to raise cash I can always sell something I really like.

Planedude
08-08-2014, 09:48 PM

Yes... You can get an Amen sir!

Barth
08-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Yup I'm in the way stupid category too. I don't hunt anymore but I think I still got a couple dozen suitable hunting rifles.

For carry guns I consider them accessories like a purse or shoes. I mean not just any gun will go with my pretty pink pumps, or my 5" spike heels ya know.

I tend to double and triple up on carry guns.
Boating accidents, theft, self defense shootings, gun shortages...
Plus if my favorite carry gun is getting upgraded? I need options.

Just like girls - I can't have too many carry guns.

JohnR
08-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Lucky you, my guns don't get jealous of each other.

Longitude Zero
08-09-2014, 07:24 AM

Yuppa.

marcinstl
08-09-2014, 08:46 PM
you've seen the youtube video where the guy cleans his Glock in the dishwasher? hysterical. (Glock is clean, smells nice and no water spots.)

Pointblank
08-10-2014, 04:20 AM
Look at the 42, Glock dependability has gone downhill since they started making them here.

Ljutic
08-10-2014, 07:36 AM

Glock had some teething issues with the 42 that have been resolved with behind the scenes upgrades. I think the initial bad reports slowed down their sales. I'm using mine as a training aid in preparation to transition to the 9mm as soon as it's available. The G42 will never replace the P380 as preferred pocket 380, but it fills a role for now. I've always seen the Glock advantages as cheap and plentiful spare magazines, tons of after-market parts available, and they are easy to work on/maintain.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2014/05/glock-42-review-concealed-carry-gem.html

Longitude Zero
08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
The G42 will never replace the P380 as preferred pocket 380, but it fills a role for now.

Never say never. Although I would not step in front of a 380 for a package not much bigger far more effective firepower can be brought to bear.

wyntrout
08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Evidently, there's a "Gen 2" G42 and there are new mags as well. A guy showed me the new mag and told me there's a "-1" on some part... in the frame visible from the top with the slide back. The "-1" signifies Gen 2. He didn't have one, yet, but had been shown the changes at his LGS. The new mags are modified with more rounding at the top, but it's luck that you get whatever's in stock... no way to tell which "gen".

This was just in a conversation with a potential customer at the last gun show. He was looking for more G42 mags while he waited for his pistol... something I like to do, too... have enough mags for a new pistol... 10-12!

Wynn :)

Rob K
08-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Don't need one, don't want one.

srk468
08-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I like my CM9 now that I've added night sights, the stock sights suck when you've been shooting with traditional sights all your life. The trigger still is a mile long though, I know it's meant to be that way and it is a smooth trigger but my 23's stock trigger is way nicer, so is my nephews shield 9mm but neither of them are gonna fit in my pocket and my Kahr does. If Glock comes out with a single stack 9 I'll probably buy it just because I like Glocks but unless it's the same size as my CM9 or smaller I won't be ditching my Kahr, getting to like the little guy pretty good now [emoji4]

Linthead
08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
If the G42 is chambered for 9mm, it will still be longer, taller and wider than a PM9/CM9.

The only real G42 advantage I see is being easier to rack the slide. Well, that and it probably won't have an ongoing problem with breaking magazine followers.

gun papa
08-13-2014, 11:39 PM
I think I am past it. I may be looking at the Shield with no thumb safety.

Longitude Zero
08-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Evidently, there's a "Gen 2" G42 and there are new mags as well. A guy showed me the new mag and told me there's a "-1" on some part... in the frame visible from the top with the slide back. The "-1" signifies Gen 2. He didn't have one, yet, but had been shown the changes at his LGS. The new mags are modified with more rounding at the top, but it's luck that you get whatever's in stock... no way to tell which "gen".

This was just in a conversation with a potential customer at the last gun show. He was looking for more G42 mags while he waited for his pistol... something I like to do, too... have enough mags for a new pistol... 10-12!

Wynn :)

My son has a G42 and initial had some nosediving issues with a couple different ammo types. Glock sent him replacement mags that are slightly different at the top and they also replaced the slide stop assembly. Since he had to return it we cannot compare the old with the new slidestop. The tech also said that Glock will probably no longer send out replacement parts but require the firearm to be returned.

gunshinestateCW9
08-14-2014, 01:53 PM
I already have the cw9 to fill that spot in my carry rotation and I'm too happy with it to get rid of it. LCP, cw9, Glock19 what else do I 'need'?

Barth
08-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Really not interested...

My preferred mini pocket rocket is a S&W 342 ti.
11.1 oz/13.5 oz unloaded/loaded (with 5 x 135 gr Speer GDHP Short Barrel 38+P)
Can't even tell it's in my pocket and draws nice.
Runs dirty and bone dry.
FTF/FTE really not an issue.

For a micro auto?
My SS MK40 Elite fits the bill.
It's a little on the heavy side.
But it's a shooter.

yqtszhj
08-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Really not interested...

My preferred mini pocket rocket is a S&W 342 ti.
11.1 oz/13.5 oz unloaded/loaded (with 5 x 135 gr Speer GDHP Short Barrel 38+P)
Can't even tell it's in my pocket and draws nice.
Runs dirty and bone dry.
FTF/FTE really not an issue.

For a micro auto?
My SS MK40 Elite fits the bill.
It's a little on the heavy side.
But it's a shooter.

Rascal, I was looking for a 342 which i couldnt find (or really afford at the time)and found a 637 with a bobbed hammer instead. You are right they pocket carry well. Mine is 16.01 oz. With 5 135gr. +p and exercises with me 4 days a week for 4 miles each day. Nice revolver for sure. .38 cost as much as .45 though.

yqtszhj
08-14-2014, 06:50 PM
... easily able to withstand jocko's preferred method of cleaning....Dawn in a toilet bowl overnight.

Thats just funny right there.... where is the old guy anyway. I think i saw him over on the 1911 forum.

TheTman
08-14-2014, 07:05 PM
My "Glock" is a S&W M&P Pro. I compared it with a G34, and to me there was no comparison, for me, the M&P was superior in every way. The Glock felt like a holding a stick in my hand, while the M&P with the right sized grip insert for me just molded itself to my hand. I cannot say enough about how nice the trigger is, you take up a little slack with virtually no resistance, then when you get to the breaking point, it breaks as close to a single action trigger as I've run across in a DAO pistol. I never have liked that Glock safe trigger system with the little bar in the middle of the trigger.
When the Police in the large city near me's switched back to 9mm from .40's, they were offered the choice of a Glock 17, or a S%W M&P standard model. About 60-65% went with the M&P. Although the standard model lacks the Pro trigger system, reviewers say that the addition of the Apex trigger kit gives about the same feel as the Pro model's trigger. Some have reported accuracy problems with the M&P Pro, but I guess a trip to the mothership will get that corrected for you.
I was considering one of the Glock 21 models, for a higher capacity .45. The M&P comes standard with 10+1 mags, but I guess Mec-Gar makes a 14 round mag. It does stick out the bottom of the pistol a ways, But it integrates with the grip nicely, and doesn't really bother me. Some won't have it because it's butt-ugly to them, I don't buy guns and magazines to look at. I buy them to shoot.

tv_racin_fan
08-15-2014, 02:46 AM
there's a difference between a 7 shot, single stack 9mm (a "get off me gun") and a 15-18 shot, double stack 9mm ("combat gun"). all depends on where you are and who you think is going to be jumping out at ya. personally, I'd error to the fat side and be accused of "over dressing".

Andrews Custom Leather.. "fire power" rig?

TheLastDaze
08-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Lenny at the GlockStore has blabbed that Glock is developing a single stack 9mm. Well they finally. Now I won several Glocks and feel they should have already done this. I predict average sales due to the Glock-Aide the Glock-o-philes consume in mass quantities. It is however a market already SATURATED and frankly they are a decade late and a dollar short. What say everybody else?

Glockaider checking in here.... Glocks marketing has something to be desired, they've had a 380 for many, many years just never allowed into the U.S. and the very few that were for L.E. now that they made a U.S. version its a day late agreed and BIG !!! well bigger then I think a 380 should be, I may pick one up way down the road but really have no desire for one.... but .... they are selling like hotcakes, like all glocks.... the G42 is one of the best shooting 380's out there, but its no pocket gun, not for me..

take that exact platform and make it a 9 and regardless of how saturated the market is they will FLY OFF THE SHELVES !!!!! and I'll be the first in line with my tongue out and koolaid in hand....