PDA

View Full Version : Old guy from FL new here, but not exactly new to Kahr Arms

Jimmy10mm
08-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Happy to join the friends and admirers of Kahr semi-auto pistols. I have had a P9, a PM9 and foolishly sold them. Have a P380 that I won't let go of while I'm still green side up. Just rectified the mistake of selling my PM9 a few years back, and bought a lightly used 2003 model. I've been carrying a Glock G-27 for daily CCW and just wanted to get back to the light weight, and slimmer profile of the PM series. I also have an MK40 that I bought a few years back but that is relegated to the safe. Good shooter but it is a brick with that all steel frame/slide.

b4uqzme
08-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Hey -- some of us LIKE those all stainless Kahr "bricks". :) Welcome to the forum! Good job on bumping the 5# striker spring thread BTW.

SWrunner
08-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Welcome. I agree with b4uqzme. I love an all-metal gun. I've never fired an MK40, but I sure would like to.

berettabone
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
It's never too late............................

Purple Mountain Outdoors
08-12-2014, 05:49 AM
How is that mk40?

warbird1
08-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Jimmy10mm
08-12-2014, 10:31 AM
How is that mk40?
I liked it quite a bit. Obviously heavier than the polymer counterpart, but the weight really dampens the recoil when shooting it. Beautifully finished as well. I more or less quit carrying it some time ago because of the weight. So many lighter weight alternatives. I know a lot of guys feel like if you don't carry a full size 1911 you're not a 'real' man, but I'm not one of those. :)

Bawanna
08-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm no expert on being a "real" man but I do find a full size 1911 on my hip very comforting.

I believe it was Clint Smith who opined it's suppose to be comforting not comfortable. Although mine is not the least bit uncomfortable.

That being said I find the tupperware framed PM45 on my ankle very comforting as well and it's comfortable too, course I can't feel my leg so maybe it's not as comfortable as I think but it works for me.

I have a K40 and I would not care to have a tupperware framed 40. It's a handful enough with that beautiful steel frame, I think it would be a beast if it was any lighter.

DavidR
08-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome Jimmy, I live in Wellington.

Purple Mountain Outdoors
08-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I liked it quite a bit. Obviously heavier than the polymer counterpart, but the weight really dampens the recoil when shooting it. Beautifully finished as well. I more or less quit carrying it some time ago because of the weight. So many lighter weight alternatives. I know a lot of guys feel like if you don't carry a full size 1911 you're not a 'real' man, but I'm not one of those. :)

I bet it feels incredibly solid. How's the recoil?