PDA

View Full Version : page loading?

sas PM9
08-18-2014, 05:44 PM
It seems that the last week or so each page never finishes loading; and I end up just clicking on the X (Stop) button on the tool bar to end the attempt.
On the end of the address bar there is a count of the page elements and it seems that the last one or two elements of each page never load, so the circular arrow continues to turn.
What's up with this?

-steve

b4uqzme
08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
I've noticed similar but it's directly related to the strength of my internet connection. It happens on other websites too. It may not be a Kahrtalk issue.

sas PM9
08-18-2014, 06:53 PM
I've noticed similar but it's directly related to the strength of my internet connection. It happens on other websites too. It may not be a Kahrtalk issue.

b4:

I'll have to research this further.
I have only noticed this on KT, none of the three others seem to be affected.
I am on a fibre-optic fed 15Mbps cable modem with asus router system.
I was on my wireless when I wrote my post and I'll goto plug in ethernet and check later.

-steve

b4uqzme
08-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah --- I'm always on various wirelesses. So that's how I noticed. I'm not sure if it's more common on KT or if I'm just on here more often. :-)

SlowBurn
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Try purging the cache in your browser.

sas PM9
08-30-2014, 10:24 AM
All:

Even after direct ethernet hookup and after using CCleaner to clean out all cookies and caches, I still get the continual loading on the last element of the page.
And it only happens on KT.
I does not happen on the index of new posts, but as i click on each page it tries to load the last page element continuously.

-steve

b4uqzme
08-30-2014, 11:00 AM
have you tried using a different browser: google chrome, firefox? They may be more compatible.

sas PM9
08-30-2014, 09:01 PM
have you tried using a different browser: google chrome, firefox? They may be more compatible.

b4:

I'll have to try that; I'm currently using Opera.

-steve