PDA

View Full Version : NYPD has a TRAINING ISSUE

Longitude Zero
08-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Typical for big city politically motivated PD Commands.

http://bearingarms.com/pathetic-nypd-brass-attempts-blame-pistols-accidental-shootings/?utm_source=bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

downtownv
08-26-2014, 09:43 AM
My k-9 came from a NYPD Chopper pilot who LOVED it but due to poor training at the NYPD level was force to sell it.

TheLastDaze
08-26-2014, 09:53 AM
what a cop out (pun intended)

explains why they have to have a ny trigger, their LE is inadequately trained.... I'd hate to be a bystander in NY when LE had to engage their weapon...

Not speaking for ALL LE, but let me say not every LEO is trained like they should be across the U.S., its solely up to them to get the adequate training to be proficient with their duty pistol, they only have to qualify once a year so maybe a few weeks before qualifications come up they hit the range to shoot at PAPER !!!

I do know that here in OK (for the most part) most LE train on their own all the time, heck most of them are competition shooters, involved in their local gun clubs and even train civilians....

It shouldn't cost millions to train their officers, maybe they just need to ramp up their qualifying to once a quarter or even once a month if they are so inadequate, this will demand in their off time to get some range time in, which in turn will give them that muscle memory they soooo need for their guns....

It states they will preach this anti Kahr propaganda 10X in consecutive roll calls, does it really take them 10X to get something through their head??

muggsy
08-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Some of the best gun handlers I've known and some of the worst gun handlers I've know have been police officers. The best like guns and shooting and the worst consider their guns as a necessary evil that they are forced to carry as part of their jobs. In my experience Kahr Arms makes one of the safest most reliable striker fired carry pistols in the world. Wake up NYPD officials.

b4uqzme
08-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Their loss!

yqtszhj
08-26-2014, 07:53 PM
My k-9 came from a NYPD Chopper pilot who LOVED it but due to poor training at the NYPD level was force to sell it.

So you got that gun. Did you get the shoulder rig too? Didn't he have that also?

yqtszhj
08-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Maybe that article means more used k9's for us.

TheTman
08-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Typical libtard knee jerk reaction: blame the gun. We should be watching Bud's and "Police Trade-ins" section, and other sites that sell to LEO's frequently, their loss is our gain. I guess they don't have to sell them, they could still keep them for home defense I guess. No wonder the NY Cops hit so many by-standers instead of the perp.

Planedude
08-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Maybe that article means more used k9's for us.

I'm ready, my NYPD trade in was picked up as a lark to be a project gun and safe queen. Now it is my favorite carry, even with the "stock" PD trigger. I shoot the darn thing better than any other auto I own and it eats any ammo I feed it.

I'll buy a couple of more if I see them for a good price!!

jocko
08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
my used K9 is NYPFD prior use and I really have zero issue with tghe NYPD trigger to. I really find it har dto even tell the difference in 1/8" more travel and that is all the difference folks, no matterhow u dot the eye, that is the difference in a NYPFD gun and a K9 bought today. and at mos tof the used K9 prices I think it is a steal. Not many can claim to have 1000's of rounds thorugh them, as it was a backup gun not a duty carry, so u will see more cosmetic sh!t K9 from police hands than a worn out K9. If u can find one with the Hougue Rubber grips on it, u better buyy that fokker for IMO those rubber grips are the thinest and best feeling grips kahr ever put on a gun. They do act even like a shock absorber, for they are rubber. Why kahr got away formn that grip I don't know but many of thye NYPD K9 came with the rubbergrips as that was standard on them back when they were allowed to carry them for off duty. I heard t was mor epolitics than any faut of the K9 that ended the relationship....I love my K9 and the first thing I did to it was Magna port it, very nice shooting gun, very accurate for me to,compared to my PMJ9..