PDA

View Full Version : Im back!

Chogers
09-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Hello loyal Kahr owners! IM BACK IN ACTION. LOL. I sold my PM9 with LCI and external thumb safety about 3 years ago and have regretted ever since. So I now have a PM40 and absolutely LOVE it! I bought it used from a guy that had only 47 rounds through her. I fired the other 53 rounds of Winchester and Blazer Brass leftovers he gave me with the gun. It functioned flawlessly with either of the two mags that came with the gun. The 5 and 6 round mags. Not a single hiccup. I couldn't get my PM9 to do that even with over 200 rounds and doing the suggested prep. Unbelievably accurate too! So much fun and I have lots of trust for this gun to be reliable in case you know, something happens where I need to use it to protect myself from harm!

Thanks for having me back guys! Missed ya all!

CJB
09-07-2014, 10:09 AM
(cue the musing from that stupid TV show with Gabe Kaplan and John Travolta.....)

Welcome ba-aaack.....

(ok, cut the music)

Do yerself a lil favor, field strip that puppydog and make sure the nose of the barrel ramp cant whack the follower in the mug, like the hot kiss on the end of a wet fist. The PM40's have that one little seemingly omnipresent character flaw, which is easly corrected by most, and the bane of those who live fretful worrisome lives of dark deperation.

Chogers
09-07-2014, 10:24 AM
(cue the musing from that stupid TV show with Gabe Kaplan and John Travolta.....)

Welcome ba-aaack.....

(ok, cut the music)

Do yerself a lil favor, field strip that puppydog and make sure the nose of the barrel ramp cant whack the follower in the mug, like the hot kiss on the end of a wet fist. The PM40's have that one little seemingly omnipresent character flaw, which is easly corrected by most, and the bane of those who live fretful worrisome lives of dark deperation.

Can you put it in layman's terms for me? I have it stripped and im looking at it but im not sure if its correct and if its not how do I fix? If there were something wrong to begin with wouldn't I have had issues shooting it?

Bawanna
09-07-2014, 10:29 AM
The only way to know for sure is if you break a magazine follower. The feed ramp is apparently sometimes just a scosh to long and it hits the magazine follower. Not all do it, but more so in the 40's than others it seems like. With an empty mag in, and the slide pulled all the way back you can see if there's any gap at all between barrel and follower.

Look at the mag followers closely for cracks or breakage, it may not be an issue.

Chogers
09-07-2014, 11:29 AM
The only way to know for sure is if you break a magazine follower. The feed ramp is apparently sometimes just a scosh to long and it hits the magazine follower. Not all do it, but more so in the 40's than others it seems like. With an empty mag in, and the slide pulled all the way back you can see if there's any gap at all between barrel and follower.

Look at the mag followers closely for cracks or breakage, it may not be an issue.

Hello Bawanna! It does look pretty tight in there but I dont see an issue. I hope to not have any problems with it. I inspected both mags as well and they seem to be alright for now.

CJB
09-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Unload the pistol. Field strip. Put barrel back in to place in the frame and put the slide stop's pin into the frame and through the kidney cutout in the barrel. Insert an empty magazine. Push the barrel backward and down as much as it will go against the pin. See if the barrel hits the magazine follower. Manipulate barrel and follower to see if you can get them to touch. If you can, the barrel ramp is a tiny bit too long.

yqtszhj
09-07-2014, 03:53 PM
You wouldn't beluve how lkng I had to think about where my barrels kidney was, duh??? I'm slow. Ignore me.:confused:

CJB
09-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Its sort of diagonally positioned behind, above and more central than the ileocecal valve, and slightly above the bladder. Just sayin.

jnewguyin
09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
A trick I used to find out if the feed ramp is banging against the follower is take out the follower and color in the front area with a metallic silver sharpie; then install the follower back in and insert the mag empty and lock the slide back. Then grab the muzzle of the barrel and wiggle it and push it against/towards the mag follower. If the ramp hits the follower it'll scratch off the metallic silver sharpie paint.

b4uqzme
09-09-2014, 08:15 PM
You wouldn't beluve how lkng I had to think about where my barrels kidney was, duh??? I'm slow. Ignore me.:confused:

My barrel suffered kidney failure and is on dialysis.