PDA

View Full Version : New CM40 and lubricant

FortyGuy
09-10-2014, 12:27 AM
I recently bought a CM40, lubed it up in what I thought was a restrained fashion with FP-10 (my favorite for AR's). After about 8 rounds at the range, the slide became stuck out of battery, with the extractor around the rim of a live cartridge. I was unable to manually retract the slide, OR jam it into battery. A bigger guy at the range got the slide back and the cartridge out. We examined the case and the chamber, and realized both were oily. We reasoned that the viscous "suction" of the oily chamber retarded the rearward travel of the slide, resulting in a not-fully-compressed the recoil spring -- thus, on return travel, the slide did not go into battery. After cleaning the chamber carefully, and removing lubricant from the interior, I had no more failures.

Buzzard45
09-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Look in Kahr tech, and New member sections for all the info you could ever want. I suspect (maybe) you lubed it like an AR? if so, way too wet! thinnest film of lube is enough.

Big bird
10-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks, I think I may have had the same problem. I'll find out the next time at the range.