PDA

View Full Version : New Member from PA

ppsnatcher
09-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey all figured I had to join, I just bought my first Kahr (MK9). Its my new project, the frame was pretty rusty when I got it so I'm working on cleaning it up.

kwh
09-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Welcome. Sounds like a great project.

kwh
09-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Curiosity,What is the rest of the story? When and how was the MK found. Steel is real unlike polymer. Be sure to post on the MK Forum, not just here on the new members forum. There will be better activity there with other metal workers on those pages with helpful advise and pictures.

b4uqzme
09-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing it all bright and shiny. Get busy talking and racking up posts so you can attach pictures. ( It takes 30 posts.) Welcome! :)

ppsnatcher
09-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Curiosity,What is the rest of the story? When and how was the MK found. Steel is real unlike polymer. Be sure to post on the MK Forum, not just here on the new members forum. There will be better activity there with other metal workers on those pages with helpful advise and pictures.

I picked it up at my LGS so I don't really know the history. It's a GCxxxx I'm assuming that makes it about 10 years old. The majority of the rust/pitting was on the left side, probably ITW of a righty for some time. I've cleaned it up with 220grit, now I just have to take it to mirror, have it bead blasted, and reassemble. I'm kicking around the idea of doing cerakote.

garyb
09-13-2014, 06:59 AM
Welcome.