PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day goodies ?

snuffy
06-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Anyone get any "Fathers Day" goodies today ?
I received a Gander Mountain gift card. :D

jfrey
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I got a Ruger LCP Coyote Special and a Benchmade knife from the kids. Not a bad day.

snuffy
06-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Not a bad day.

That's an understatement. :wof:

KahrKRL
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM
My wife and daughter got me 100 rounds and a defensive handgun training class!!

Bawanna
06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I got a Ruger LCP Coyote Special and a Benchmade knife from the kids. Not a bad day.

I'd call that an awesome day. Them Coyote's is numbered too right, only so many of them made? How cool is that.

jfrey
06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Bawanna, my understanding is that there were only 1000 of them made and they went to two Texas distributors. My wife was lucky to find the last 2 at a store in Wharton and she got me and her dad each one. The 2 at the local Academy sold in an hour. I hear on good source that they are all sold out now. They are sure to be collector's items in the future. We plan to keep ours unfired which should boost the value some day.

Bawanna
06-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Bawanna, my understanding is that there were only 1000 of them made and they went to two Texas distributors. My wife was lucky to find the last 2 at a store in Wharton and she got me and her dad each one. The 2 at the local Academy sold in an hour. I hear on good source that they are all sold out now. They are sure to be collector's items in the future. We plan to keep ours unfired which should boost the value some day.

I'm pretty sure your right, I knew there was a limited number but couldn't remember how many. Now that I jog my memory banks you mentioned this before awhile back. Kind of knew it was happening which don't hurt a thing. You and your father in law are lucky lucky guys. I'd surely leave it in an unfired condition too. Your great grandchildren will be sitting on a gold mine maybe.

OldLincoln
06-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I got to spend time with my wife, son, daughter (in law) and their 3 kids all who I love and by whom am loved. Oh yeah, I got cards, movie tickets and a good time by all. I'm a rich man by my standards.

jfrey
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
That you are OL. It doesn't get much better than that.