PDA

View Full Version : HELP....Trigger assembly on cw45

thughes13
09-18-2014, 11:13 PM
I tore down my cw45 to polish all internals and the only thing I forgot to take a "before" pic of was the trigger. What I'm having issues with is the spring on the trigger not having enough retention to kick the trigger back. I can't figure out the correct way to put the spring. Can someone help?? Thanks in advance!

RRP
09-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Drawing on page 7 shows the correct orientation of the spring.
https://www.kahr.com/PDF/kahrmanual.pdf

yqtszhj
09-19-2014, 05:22 AM
I've done mine a couple of times and what i remember is you have to push it into the frame under some tension and then slide a punch through to line everything up. Then you can push the trigger pin in through from the other side.

gb6491
09-19-2014, 06:00 AM
That's good advice from RRP and yqtszhj :)
http://i62.tinypic.com/f5acxs.jpg

thughes13
09-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Thanks guys, I will try again soon. Lesson learned on my end...pay a little more attention during tear down.

thughes13
09-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Well, I got it back together. ...correctly! Thanks again fellas!

yqtszhj
09-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Since you're in the polishing mood here's what i did to mine. Polished:
Striker parts
Extracter and all its parts till shiny
Breech face till shiny
Barrel till shiny
Guide rod
Slide rails

Now it feeds so smooth i can slow ride the slide and ig still chambers a round. Did my CM45 the same way and its the same.

thughes13
09-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Since you're in the polishing mood here's what i did to mine. Polished:
Striker parts
Extracter and all its parts till shiny
Breech face till shiny
Barrel till shiny
Guide rod
Slide rails

Now it feeds so smooth i can slow ride the slide and ig still chambers a round. Did my CM45 the same way and its the same.

Yes I did all those parts as well...with exception of the guide rod which will be done by Sunday ( wife wanted it cleaned up lol). Once I figure out how to upload pics from phone (might have to use laptop) I will post pics.

muggsy
09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Here's what I did to smooth up My CM9.
1. Loaded the gun.
2. Shot the fokker like I stole it.
It smoothed up real nice within 200 rounds. I got this suggestion from a nice guy with a hare lip and crossed eyes. Ain't that right, Jocko?