PDA

View Full Version : Sccy cpx2 fde

smokersteve
09-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Picked this gun up today. 10+1 capacity w/2 mags. Each mag has a flush mount and an extended grip base plate. $250
I was skeptical of a $250 gun. Took the gun apart and cleaned it. This little gun seems well built.

Off to the range. Shot 160 rounds of a combo of wwb, federal, tula steel, and federal jhp - no issues.
The trigger is long and fairly heavy with a long reset but after a few mags I was getting use to it. I preferred the flush mount base plate because the extended one pinched my pinky when shooting.
Very accurate and not too bad of recoil considering it is lighter than my CM9.

As of now I am impressed with this little gun

KingWulfgar
09-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Friend of mine has the CPX1 (manual safety). That thing is super snappy and the molded plastic around the safety lever bites my thumb. I shot whatever the mag held and handed it back to him. Maybe the CPX2 is improved, but I didn't like it. Shop near here is selling them for $199 this weekend.

They look pretty good and if you want a double-stack it's an ok option, but I vastly prefer the CM9 for $100 more.

muggsy
09-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Brings new meaning to the words "ghetto blaster". :)

berettabone
09-20-2014, 09:22 AM
There are reasons why it sells for $250...................................

smokersteve
09-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Friend of mine has the CPX1 (manual safety). That thing is super snappy and the molded plastic around the safety lever bites my thumb. I shot whatever the mag held and handed it back to him. Maybe the CPX2 is improved, but I didn't like it. Shop near here is selling them for $199 this weekend.

They look pretty good and if you want a double-stack it's an ok option, but I vastly prefer the CM9 for $100 more.

The gun I got is the cpx2 gen 2. They must have changed some things because this gun was very similar in recoil to my cm9 and S&W Shield 9mm.

smokersteve
09-20-2014, 09:42 AM
There are reasons why it sells for $250...................................

Have you handled one of the cpx2 gen 2's? Taken one apart? Shot one?

My initial impressions say it is built as good if not better than my cm9 and cw380.

Bawanna
09-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't think I've ever seen one or heard of them. Looking at the pictures I don't see the reason it sells for 250.

Looks like it has all the right stuff. i guess if it works for smokersteve it must be ok. Wonder if it's one of those some are good and some aren't so good deals.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and check one out when I get a chance.

I'm still a 45 guy but I like to look ya know?

berettabone
09-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Have you handled one of the cpx2 gen 2's? Taken one apart? Shot one?

My initial impressions say it is built as good if not better than my cm9 and cw380.

The trigger pull is longer than a ride to the mall with your mother in law, and the accuracy after 10 ft. is questionable at best. Seeing that this firearm is targeting a specific audience, it should be just fine for that audience, but for someone who is serious about having a carry firearm that is accurate, it doesn't fit the bill, unless you have no experience with handguns at all. Then you wouldn't know the difference. The extra money you pay for a Kahr, results in better accuracy IMHO. I feel that unless you have a money tree in your yard, or you don't care much about the firearm you carry, these cheaper handguns are a waste of money. Unless you just like to try different firearms(there's that tree again) then go for it. Hard to get any money back for it, used.:)

Longitude Zero
09-20-2014, 01:04 PM
I have fired a CPX-1 and CPX-2. The -1 models were huge POS crap wagons. The -2 are improved. This is one you fire maybe 50 rounds to see if it works and load it and forget it. This is NOT a frequent shooter. They are cheaply made and long term durability is obviously far below a Kahr or SIG. The are slightly better than the worlds worst POS the Diamondback pistols.

headache
09-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I had a gen 1. My first carry gun. Accuracy was actually pretty good. Recoil was my issue with it. My hands are too big for the grips, I couldn't hold it firmly enough to control it. The only functional issue was every so often it wouldn't return to battery. I'd have to use my thumb to push it forward the last eighth inch or so. It ate everything I put through it. That being said, I sold it and got a cw45. No regrets at all

TheTman
09-20-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm glad you found one that worked out for you. They have a pretty spotty reputation. I let a gun shop owner talk me into a Diamondback DB9, and it was the worse gun I've ever owned, except for a couple of .22 revolvers, one an older one, that the timing was way off, and the other I bought new, but I'm not sure the barrel was rifled, as every shot out of it keyholed.

Not everyone that needs an inexpensive gun is from the ghetto, some folks are on a tight budget and need something for home defense or whatever. I think If I were in that spot, I'd look for something like those S&W model 10 police trade-ins Buds had for quite awhile. At least a gunsmith won't laugh at you if you bring it in for repairs.

smokersteve
09-20-2014, 02:19 PM
and the accuracy after 10 ft. is questionable at best. Seeing that this firearm is targeting a specific audience, it should be just fine for that audience, but for someone who is serious about having a carry firearm that is accurate, it doesn't fit the bill, unless you have no experience with handguns at all.

My friend and I both had no problems with accuracy shooting at 8 yards (24 ft.). He is an excellent marksman and I am just an average shooter.

b4uqzme
09-20-2014, 03:35 PM
I just know what you hear on the interwebs...which isn't typically favorable. So it's good to hear first-hand that you've found one that works for you. A viable $250 carry option is a good thing. Thanks for sharing.

CJB
09-20-2014, 04:06 PM
As much as I like my KSG, which is faultless, and operates faultlessly, I find it miserably uncomfortable to know that KelTek, Diamondback and SCCY are all located within about 200 miles of my abode, and share equal reputation.

I wil say, however, that KelTec having survived as long as they have, is getting their act together - or so it seems - as witnessed on the very long factory tour video seen online.

I suppose there is a need for Dixie Cup handguns. Certainly these fill that role.

muggsy
09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm glad you found one that worked out for you. They have a pretty spotty reputation. I let a gun shop owner talk me into a Diamondback DB9, and it was the worse gun I've ever owned, except for a couple of .22 revolvers, one an older one, that the timing was way off, and the other I bought new, but I'm not sure the barrel was rifled, as every shot out of it keyholed.

Not everyone that needs an inexpensive gun is from the ghetto, some folks are on a tight budget and need something for home defense or whatever. I think If I were in that spot, I'd look for something like those S&W model 10 police trade-ins Buds had for quite awhile. At least a gunsmith won't laugh at you if you bring it in for repairs.

People on a budget can usually find a quality used firearm at a reasonable price. There is no need to purchase an unproven gun just because it has a low price.

berettabone
09-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Plenty of old Ruger and Smith shorty wheelguns out there..................make a good first or last carry firearm...................

smokersteve
09-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I find it interesting that this $250 ghetto gun has had zero issues in the1st 200 rounds, yet with my finely crafted cm9 & cw380 I cant say that. My cm9 couldn't even be field stripped without a hammer.
Don't get me wrong I like my Kahrs but they have more issues than any of the large manufacturers of guns.

berettabone
09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=smokersteve;317171]Wow, a bunch XXXXXXXXXXXX
I find it interesting that this $250 ghetto gun has had zero issues in the1st 200 rounds, yet with my finely crafted cm9 & cw380 I cant say that. My cm9 couldn't even be field stripped without a hammer.
Don't get me wrong I like my Kahrs but they have more issues than any of the large manufacturers of guns.[/QUOT
I'M SOLD! Sell those pesky Kahr's immediately................you have found your true carry gun. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Then get a bigger hammer.................................:2rolleyes:

CJB
09-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Well, maybe when they make one in .45acjbp

Bawanna
09-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I find it very poor etiquette to criticize another mans car, another mans wife, or especially another mans gun or anything new.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't know anything good or bad about these things. It's stated that they have a less than stellar reputation but be that as it may, smoker has one that works, that he's managed to get used to and worked around any negatives. To me I say celebrate that, it works for him, that's good enough for me.

If it's not your cup of tea, maybe best left to save the vocal cords and finger joints (sore subject with me right now, arthritis strikes) and not shout piece of junk from the roof tops.

I think we're piling on a little hard in a negative way here.

CJB
09-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Well, hell, Kahr has less than stellar reputation in some circles, but WE know better!

yqtszhj
09-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Yep to what CJB said. I've had to tinker with my kahrs once or twice. But i also had to tinker with "Glock Perfection" on ftf issues too.

I saw guite a few Sccy 2's at the gun show today. If works for the shooter, excellent. Looked ok. Also saw a handful of new DB9's. Actually handled one too. These look like a new model and word is Taurus is backing them now, well the DB9 at least. Didn't buy one but at the new reduced price i considered it just to try it out. I'd sell it if i didnt like it. Word is it kicks like a mule and if you hold it with anything less than a death grip it malfunctions. Firm grip is a requirement. I'd sure like to shoot one.

smokersteve
09-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Confident enough in my ghetto gun to bring it with me to my lake cabin.

Longitude Zero
09-21-2014, 10:21 AM
I'd sure like to shoot one.

I have and you have missed NOTHING! The first version was a royal piece of shat. The so called new and improved version stinks only a little less. DB blamed all the troubles on the fact that shooters were ignorant and as much as said that the problems were due to limp wristing, and other shooter caused errors. They lied. After overwhelming bad press they modified and came up with version two. It still kicks like a mule and that is with regular power ammo. With +P it is like an aluminum framed 44 mag snubbie It still is difficult to get a good grip on etc. Don't waste one penny to buy it but if you can borrow one and are a glutton for aggravation be my guest. DB stills tells folks this is a load up and put it in a holster gun. It is not a gun for regular shooting.

b4uqzme
09-21-2014, 03:46 PM
...that it's not for me is irrelevant. I'm OK that it works for smokersteve. The price is certainly right.

marcinstl
09-21-2014, 03:51 PM
a SCCY is a full time DAO, hammer fired pistol, loaded with 10+1 it should come in around 22oz. (about the same as a CW9). how hard is it to connect a trigger to a hammer? now, how hard is it to make a trigger that works good?

muggsy
09-22-2014, 07:01 AM
If the SCCY owners are happy with the product then I'm happy for them. All that I'm saying is that I prefer a gun that has a good track record for carry. I've never been the kid that wanted to be the first one on the block to buy anything new. SCCY had teething problems with everything including their brand name. They might make a better product now. Only time will tell. I still have my first 1911. Just sayin.

SickMAK90
09-22-2014, 08:44 AM
The reviews on the newer ones have all been pretty positive, so I'm sure the issues have been fixed.

I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive...I don't consider my cm9 to be the best built gun out there. I had some issues with rounds not fully chambering at first and probably would have ditched the cm9 for a shield if the shields were in stock at the time. After awhile the cm9 functioned fine and is accurate but I still hate that it needed a "break in".

muggsy
09-22-2014, 08:55 AM
The reviews on the newer ones have all been pretty positive, so I'm sure the issues have been fixed.

I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive...I don't consider my cm9 to be the best built gun out there. I had some issues with rounds not fully chambering at first and probably would have ditched the cm9 for a shield if the shields were in stock at the time. After awhile the cm9 functioned fine and is accurate but I still hate that it needed a "break in".

Every semi-auto needs to be broken in regardless of who manufacturered it. Never carry an unproven gun. Some guns go through the break-in without a bobble, some don't.

SickMAK90
09-22-2014, 10:36 AM
I would never carry a pistol or rifle that wasn't proven. That being said, the Kahr cm9 and a Kimber ultra carry 2 are the only two pistols I've ever owned that wouldn't run the crappiest ammo right out of the gate.

Owned numerous Glocks, a Taurus pt99, a pt1911, m&p's ect and all functioned perfectly immediately.

berettabone
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
I could carry my inox Beretta, or my Sig P220, and NEVER worry about perfect functionality........................but they're large...................when you go to the smallest firearms, they are all potential problems just because of the small size...........that being said, I would rather have a small carry gun, which is proven over time and has quality, to reduce the percentage of possible problems, than a plastic fantastic, which has a history of problems 100 times greater than a Kahr. Are Kahr's perfect? No, but the odds are, you will have a firearm that can be used a lot, because of the quality, and will most likely have less problems overall than a cheaper small firearm. Hence, why I said..........embrace it, shoot it................have fun, but would I use it for carry................not on my life..............................:rolleyes:

pbagley
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I am an actual owner of a CPX-2, and I've posted most of what follows previously in the Other Firearms Discussion page of this forum.

First, the SCCY is a cheap gun. Period.
- It is unrefined. Crude even.
- The trigger is not great, and the only other trigger I've found equally distasteful is the "improved" Ruger LCP. Both make my index finger sore in a small number of rounds fired.
- The barrel is poorly rifled. The barrel delivered in my gun keyholed at 25 yards. SCCY Customer Service was good. They sent a replacement barrel that is rough inside with some straight down the bore cuts across the rifling. It does not keyhole, and with decent ammo (either Critical Defense or one and only one handload so far) it shoots a reasonable group for a subcompact 9mm.

Second, the positives:
- It has been functionally reliable for me. I begin to have some FTE's after 60 or 70 rounds of fun at the range. My CM9 had some initial issues during the first 200 or so rounds, then improved.
- It was inexpensive, especially for a 9mm.
- It is compact - only slightly wider than a CM9, otherwise fits in pretty much the same size box.

For me, the CPX-2 is a keeper. I would use it for carry, but as always this is recommended only after a 200 round break-in if the particular example was showing high reliability.
I like my Kahr's better, of course, but they did cost more, they hold fewer rounds, and they do have their own set of issues.

Bawanna
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Somebody the other day said they thought I had issues? Ya think it's the same thing?

Acasper708
09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
The CPX is a clone of the Keltec P-11. Supposedly better.
But the P-11 has a lot better reputation. I will get a P-11 one of these days but don't think I'll waist my $ on a SCCY.

DeaconKC
09-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Every semi-auto needs to be broken in regardless of who manufacturered it. Never carry an unproven gun. Some guns go through the break-in without a bobble, some don't.
There is the gist of the matter, whether it's a HiPoint or Sig, it has to be reliable.

smokersteve
09-22-2014, 05:02 PM

Not entirely true. All my Smiths, Glocks, and Rugers didn't require to be broken in. Of course I'm going to shoot enough rounds through them to where I'm comfortable carrying them.
The only guns I've owned that required to be broken in is Kahr and Taurus.

muggsy
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Every one of the guns you mentioned has a break in period. Each improved as the parts married with each other. Any malfunctions or defects in materials or workmanship would have materialized during the break-in period and could have been corrected by the factory or competent gunsmith. That's what's known as a break-in period. Everything mechanical goes through a break-in period. It isn't something to be feared or reviled. It is as it should be.

smokersteve
09-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I am an actual owner of a CPX-2, and I've posted most of what follows previously in the Other Firearms Discussion page of this forum.

First, the SCCY is a cheap gun. Period.
- It is unrefined. Crude even.
- The trigger is not great, and the only other trigger I've found equally distasteful is the "improved" Ruger LCP. Both make my index finger sore in a small number of rounds fired.
- The barrel is poorly rifled. The barrel delivered in my gun keyholed at 25 yards. SCCY Customer Service was good. They sent a replacement barrel that is rough inside with some straight down the bore cuts across the rifling. It does not keyhole, and with decent ammo (either Critical Defense or one and only one handload so far) it shoots a reasonable group for a subcompact 9mm.

Second, the positives:
- It has been functionally reliable for me. I begin to have some FTE's after 60 or 70 rounds of fun at the range. My CM9 had some initial issues during the first 200 or so rounds, then improved.
- It was inexpensive, especially for a 9mm.
- It is compact - only slightly wider than a CM9, otherwise fits in pretty much the same size box.

For me, the CPX-2 is a keeper. I would use it for carry, but as always this is recommended only after a 200 round break-in if the particular example was showing high reliability.
I like my Kahr's better, of course, but they did cost more, they hold fewer rounds, and they do have their own set of issues.

Interesting that you think the cpx2 as crude. Besides the trigger which I got kind of use to after 100 rounds, I find it more refined than both my Kahrs. My CM9 has more up & down slide movement than any pistol I've ever owned.
The cpx2 I got must have been a Thursday gun :)

muggsy
09-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Somebody the other day said they thought I had issues? Ya think it's the same thing?

Oh, you've got issues alright, but nothing like the issues that were mentioned. You'd need someone like Sigmund Freud to sort out all of your issues. :) (You do make a good straight man, Bawanna.)

pbagley
09-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Interesting that you think the cpx2 as crude. Besides the trigger which I got kind of use to after 100 rounds, I find it more refined than both my Kahrs. My CM9 has more up & down slide movement than any pistol I've ever owned.
The cpx2 I got must have been a Thursday gun :)

Crude... Perhaps I should say unrefined. Some things seem to be larger and heavier than necessary. That is an opinion, not a fact. Perhaps they were going for rugged. I've watched two CPX2 torture tests on youtube (after I bought) and I was impressed.

The trigger I'll call crude. It works, but even after rounding the sharp edges I have not become used to it in over 500 rounds. The Kahr trigger is much nicer. The LCP is about equal. It's been a while since I tried a KelTec, but if my memory serves then it was in the same class. Once again, this just my humble opinion.

Kahr refinement - I think it's there, but sometimes the execution strays from the plan. That up and down movement of the slide is a good example - did you have the short front rail issue? I'll admit that I like my Kahr's, but my CW45 leaves some room for improvement in build quality. Oddly, the blemished Kahrs I purchased have been the highest in quality. That is a very limited experience, and perhaps a dash of blind luck was thrown in for good measure.

Back to SCCY - I like the product and I like the company. Danice was very nice when I called about my barrel issue, and good customer service goes a long way toward building a solid customer base. I'm waiting to see what they bring to market next.

O'Dell
09-23-2014, 12:45 PM
The CPX is a clone of the Keltec P-11. Supposedly better.
But the P-11 has a lot better reputation. I will get a P-11 one of these days but don't think I'll waist my $ on a SCCY.

I had a P-11 many moons ago. It was reasonably reliable for the couple of hundred rounds I put through it. However, I simply could not stand the trigger. I sold it to the first person that would take it.

O'Dell
09-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Not entirely true. All my Smiths, Glocks, and Rugers didn't require to be broken in. Of course I'm going to shoot enough rounds through them to where I'm comfortable carrying them.
The only guns I've owned that required to be broken in is Kahr and Taurus.

If you mean they were reliable from the first shot, then all my SIG's, HK's, S&W's, Kahr's, M&P's, Rugers, Browning's, Springfield 1911's, and the HP Carbine qualify. The XD45, Kimber UC II, KT PF9, and Tauruses didn't make the cut. The XD eventually worked itself out after 500 rounds and the Kimber just needed better mags, but the Tauruses and PF9 were hopeless, and I got rid of them. Those are two piles I'll never step in again.

However, I think all mechanical devices need a break in. Be it a car, airplane, or gun, they will function smoother and with less effort after the various parts wear in together.

Like some others, I will never carry or depend on a pistol until I consider it properly "broken in".

muggsy
09-23-2014, 03:05 PM
You can get a lemon in any make or model. I don't judge a manufacturer or product line by one gun alone.

jocko
09-23-2014, 03:08 PM
if anyone owned a kel tek, then IMO there wasonly one way u could go after that and that was UP. Just sayin. George Zimmerman was lucky his KT went off, Travon was unlucky. end of sotry.

yqtszhj
09-23-2014, 04:20 PM
That KT statement about sums that up. I wonder what their manufacturing cost is on a pf9? I've handled one once and it couldn't have cost much.

Side note is when i held the pf9 the guy behind the table said "spend another $100 and buy this," he then handed me a cw9 and i never regreted putting down the KT.

smokersteve
09-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Crude... Perhaps I should say unrefined. Some things seem to be larger and heavier than necessary. That is an opinion, not a fact. Perhaps they were going for rugged. I've watched two CPX2 torture tests on youtube (after I bought) and I was impressed.

The trigger I'll call crude. It works, but even after rounding the sharp edges I have not become used to it in over 500 rounds. The Kahr trigger is much nicer. The LCP is about equal. It's been a while since I tried a KelTec, but if my memory serves then it was in the same class. Once again, this just my humble opinion.

Kahr refinement - I think it's there, but sometimes the execution strays from the plan. That up and down movement of the slide is a good example - did you have the short front rail issue? I'll admit that I like my Kahr's, but my CW45 leaves some room for improvement in build quality. Oddly, the blemished Kahrs I purchased have been the highest in quality. That is a very limited experience, and perhaps a dash of blind luck was thrown in for good measure.

Back to SCCY - I like the product and I like the company. Danice was very nice when I called about my barrel issue, and good customer service goes a long way toward building a solid customer base. I'm waiting to see what they bring to market next.

So far my only complaint about the cpx2 is the long trigger reset. I just got over the 300 round count and am fine with it now. I don't mind the lengh of the pull because the one I got is smooth. I've fired this the cpx2 one handed, weak grip, fast, cheap ammo...it still remains without fault.
The one dot of the rear sight wasn't right so a call to SCCY and there sending me a new sight. The lady I talked with was pleasant and a great help.
A great day to shoot some steel - 75*

Acasper708
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
The P-11 has been around since mid 90s and still is one of the smallest dble stack 9mm's.
Pistols have evolved since then. I don't think the P-11 has a safety block and has had proven it will go off if dropped. But it does have to hit a ver specific spot.
As for PF9, my uncle has one and it's been flawless. Also there's a well known youtuber (nutnfancy) that loves the PF9.
They aren't target pistols.
They are built for one thing, to CC and go bang when u pull the trigger.

DeaconKC
09-24-2014, 04:36 PM
I've got a PF9, it's my "always" gun when off duty. Had one ftf in the second magazine through it. It now has at last 500 through it and runs great. Decent trigger, very good sights and easily fits in a pocket.

marcinstl
09-24-2014, 05:31 PM
for a lot more money you could have bought a Sig 290.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZBeCPu5It4
(strong language, don't watch in front of the kids.)

mr surveyor
09-24-2014, 09:20 PM
so as not to offend Jocko, I won't talk about my pas experiences with the KT P11 (design stolen my the former KT engineers that founded SKKY .... now Sccy) the KT P3AT (design stolen by ruger to make the crappy LCP ... aka little copy pistol), the P32 (so far not stolen by anyone, since no one can prevent rimlock with jhp ammo without proptietary magazines), the PF9, which was functional for the given purpose, and the Sub 2000 which I wish I'd kept.

Since this thread was about the SCCY .... it's a poor copy of the original Kel Tec P11 ... which I wish I'd kept back in the old days as it was 100% reliable and accurate.

Now I'm getting old and returning to my roots ... I carry revolvers 90% of the time (still carry my CW9 and a Kimber some) ... and I do carry.

If the KT or SCCY ... or even an old Rohm is all that fits in your personal defense budget, then I say go for it. Make sure it shoots, throw a few rounds down range enough to make sure it shoots, and make sure you can shoot it. Keep it within arm's reach at all times.

Then again, I'm not a total gun snob.....

JD

pbagley
09-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Then again, I'm not a total gun snob.....

Right there with you. I appreciate the quality of a well made item, no mater the cost. That said, it is fun to play with inexpensive items sometimes just to see how they do in spite of their less refined origin.

I mentioned previously that like my SCCY, but after last night's range session I think the chamber needs a deep clean and perhaps a bit of polish. Using Factory Federal Champion 115gr. maroon box from wally-world round #40 stuck on the chamber, failed to extract fully. This gun ran flawlessly when new, and has less than 600 rounds through it/less than 500 with the replacement barrel. It is possibly a fault with the extractor, I'll take a close look at that as well. I doubt it is the ammo since it functions well in the CM9. Some would get rid of it saying it can't be trusted as a carry gun. Truth is that I rarely carry a second magazine, so the first 10 is all that count.

mr surveyor
09-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Up until about 5 years ago I had no problem spending $300 or so on the "more economical" handguns or rifles in hopes of getting one that was good to go, right out of the box, or one that I could tweak to make it right. Having sent a few different varieties back to their respective motherships, wasting both my time and my money (most times still resulting in disappointment), I decided I'm getting too old to deal with the 50/50 (or worse odds) chance of making these type guns right. I do like solid quality, but if I were extremely limited in cash I would find options