PDA

View Full Version : Just bought wife a Black Rose 9

Chief-USNRET
06-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello, I am new here. My wife has been searching for another carry gun and was looking for one that did not look "like a man's gun". I have Nighthawks, Rohrbaughs, and Sigs. She does not like the Nighthawks, or Sigs, and cannot operate the slide on the Rohrbaugh easily. Then she saw the Black Rose. Of course now the problem was finding one, which I finaly did today and it is being shipped at this time. My questions are though, How long is the warrantee period on the Black Rose, and how much is the extra presentation Slide? I have tried calling Kahr several times today but all I get is an answering machine, so I left a message. I guess maybe Nighthawk and Rohrbaugh have me spoiled, but is that normal?

Chief

jocko
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
5 years on your kahr. The black rose is just a highly polished and some nice engraving on it also. This should be a super nice gun for the wife. She will have alittle bigger gun to than the R9 and certainly one that should be even more reliable with about any 9mm ammo you can run through it to. Also recoils spring change should be at around 2000+ rounds. Trust me though, she must use the slide lock lever to load that first round, She will not be able to hand rack that slide, IMO. I hope I am wrong but I bet I am not. Kahr in the manual states to use the slide release lever to load that first round, so if she does what the manul states she will be good to go. Kahrs have a long trigger pull system. Much smoother than anything out there on the market to but loooooong. She will have to adjust to that. It is the only safety on the gun. It is there by design.

You might want to go to the kahr tech section and hit on the PROPPER PREPPING OF YOUR NEW KAHR. it will give you some nice pointers. They are super nice guns. The black rose, although expensiive is a really beautiful gun. Make sure she gets a good grip on the gun, or she will limpwrist it and u will blame the gun. If she has shooting issues and you can take the gun and have none, then you know where the fault is.
Practice with her close to 7 yards and under. It is what it is a defense gun not IMO a 25 yard gun.

I have only seen photos of the black rose but it looks awesome. My PM9 basically the same gun except the black rose slide has 29,400 rounds through it and never an issue...

yankee2500
06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Chief,
Welcome to the Kahr group :D see you at the other site.

John

Bawanna
06-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Chiefs here now, you think he'll be happy going anyplace else? When you reach the pinnacle everything else is down hill.
Chief, your wife is a lucky lady she's gonna get along just fine with that black rose, I have no doubt whatsoever.
Pictures are mandatory when that beauty arrives.

Chief-USNRET
06-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Thanks, I have not bought a gun in a long time that did not have a lifetime warrantee. What kind of issues should I watch for? As far as shooting limp wristed, the R9 (Rohrbaugh) is super sensitive to that as well as ammo. Will my wife be able to run the same ammo in her gun? I have Cor-Bon 95gr DPX, and Hornady 115gr Critical Defense on hand. Does it prefer certain types?

Chief

WMD
06-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the site Chief!

Just a cpouple of other points..... PM's do not like hand racking. Read your owners manual. You load the first round from a slide locked back position. Do not use lead hand loads. These guns have polyganol rifling and lead up very very quickly.

Secondly, I did some investigating on the Black Rose. I have a PM9 and am considering a Black Rose for my wife. They are not just a cosmetic job on the gun. Apparently, they are built in the custom shop by the custom shop gunsmith as opposed to being built in the standard production line. Each part is hand fitted. I personally have not held one (yet) but am told they are finely tuned.

Please give us a report on your wife's gun when you get it! I would be interested in hearing how she likes it.

cgo99
06-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum, your wife is very lucky. Please post some pictures when the rose arrives.