PDA

View Full Version : Brand Loyalty

b4uqzme
10-04-2014, 08:16 AM
This is just a "I wonder what you guys are thinking" thread.

Of course I am very Loyal to Kahr and have the 4 Kahr products in my signature. They are on the top of my "I'd never sell them" list.

But I'm curious what other brands you are loyal to and why? or how did it come about?

I'm partial to Ruger because I've always liked their revolvers. But I have a Mini14 and a 77/357 carbine too. I also seem to lean towards CZ: semi-autos, carbines and shotguns. You seem to get a lot for your money with CZ. Recently, I just got my first Beretta (trap shotgun) and am concerned I might be in trouble. My brother in law got a used Beretta .380 way back and now he has a whole safe full of them. ;)

Thanks,

DavidS
10-04-2014, 09:13 AM
No brand loyalty here. I am not a collector so each of my firearms has a purpose. When purchasing a new one, I do some research on which ones stack up the best for the intended purpose. Whatever comes out on top gets bought.

Southerngunner
10-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I am loyal to any quality firearm ,my collection of handguns includes 2 Kahrs,9 S&W ,2 Kimbers ,1 Dan Wesson,7 Rugers 1 Beretta, 2 Ubertis ,1Colt,and 1 Rossi. Gee when I look at it written down I just realized I'm a "Gun Whore":crazy:

CJB
10-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Brand loyalty. To a point. Ruger has been special to me with service. I prefer Ruger revolversvof all sorts. Currently own four. Kahr works for me. One stolen, zero hesitation to get another. Literally before the ink wad dry on the police report. After that....no real brand loyalty, just model loyalty, ie KSG, but not Kel-Tec

Alfonse
10-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I have preferences. I also like CZs, but have a couple of Berettas, some Rugers, a Colt, Smith&Wesson, Savage, Winchester, Ithaca, etc. In some brands, there are particular models that are fantastic. I think you'll enjoy that Beretta shotgun, they make some nice ones.

I usually prefer not on some brands, like Taurus, Kel-Tec, Hi-Point, etc. But, there are certain of their product I have considered and I would probably buy if the urge hits hard enough.

berettabone
10-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I like Ruger and S&W for revolvers.............I like Beretta and Sig for auto's, I do like my Kahr.................................I've been feeling the need to branch out lately..............I feel a 1911 in my future(never thought I'd say it) and it could be a Springfield range officer compact, maybe....................

Bawanna
10-04-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm in the gun whore category myself. If it goes bang and looks cool, I love it. The older and the weirder the better.

I do have scruples though. No Saturday night specials in my toy box.

I'm not really a collector but I'm definitely an accumulator.

cohoskip
10-04-2014, 10:31 AM
"I'm not really a collector but I'm definitely an accumulator."

Me too. Kahr, Glock, Beretta, Colt, etc...:)

hardluk1
10-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I try to be carry loyal as I only want to carre one design of handgun but not gun loyal at all.

b4uqzme
10-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Gun whore...what's that? Somebody get me a mirror...:o

TheLastDaze
10-04-2014, 12:54 PM
guess if I was to be loyal regarding pistols I'd say it would have to be Glocks, if I was told I could only own 3 pistols all three would have to be Glocks....

my loyalty started from my dislike of glocks, I was into sigs, hk, a guy I knew was a glock head and always went on and on about them, nothing compared to the trigger yada yada a real whackjob when it came to his glocks, he was in various competition's I think one of the first up in idpa when it started.... anyhow I never liked the blocky ugly pignose look about them I wanted a sexy gun and they were not it....yrs later I finally put my cluttered/biased thoughts aside and actually picked one up stripped it looked it over dry fired it a bunch and eventually bought one, sold many of guns since then since they just wouldn't perform like my glocks would.... at this time I only have 3 glocks these numbers tend to go up and down with a trade or two that spike my interest.... but the glock to me is the best firing weapon I can own adn they keep it simple stupid ........ just run................

Kinda the reverse with kahr for me, years ago I seen the new 'at the time' polymer framed guns and though those look nice and people were going on about how good kahr was......

then the internet tells the story and most of that story doesn't sound to good, but me being the adventurous one I am decided to throw money in the wind and see where it lands (remember my wholesome first post) its landed me a really nice PM9 that probably wont be for sale anytime soon as I've bonded with it a little after 1K+ downrange with ZERO issues.....
That's where my loyalty starts, something that works everytime regardless of ammo or if I rack the slide, etc....

I'm a gun whore no doubt I have lots of guns, some are collectors some are just old....

if I had to sell them all again I would keep my Glocks and a .22lr rifle that has mucho sentimental value...was my dads gun adn was the very first gun I ever shot as a kid, and was my sons very first shot also... its his now but I keep it for him until he is of age and moves on....

ltxi
10-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Wrt newish production, Ruger revolvers and rifles, Browning, Smith revolvers, Honda

jeepster09
10-04-2014, 03:19 PM
"I'm not really a collector but I'm definitely an accumulator."

Me too. Kahr, Glock, Beretta, Colt, etc...:)

Agreed....I used to favor Para Ordnance untill their customer service went away. You can't buy a simple sear spring for an LDA and they could care less. Now I seem to be favoring Sig's.

yqtszhj
10-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Very loyal to kahrs. Mine have all been winners overall. I wont sell them.

I like 1911's and AR's a lot too. Brand not important but all need to function 100% and be accurate. If they're not they're gone. Like very accurate rifles too.

Never thought i would have another glock after i got rid of my first one in the 80's. The gen 4's and 30s with the sf frame have decent grips. Ill keep the 2 I have but thats it. The gen 4 g19 took more breakin and tweaking than any of my kahrs did. It had FTF problems really bad. Glock perfection ain't perfect.

jocko
10-04-2014, 04:49 PM
I luved my Para carry 9, it just never loved me back. worst finsih I have ever seen on a expensive gun, lovely trigger system, went back 3 times on my diume every time qand never got right=-NEVER got right, sad as this was the first 1911 style semi I owned that I thoght I would keep until death do us part. I am not sure if they even make a lda9. Their service when it was in seiverville, tn, was just terriblelI think the techs spent tomuch time over at Dolly Pardons amusement. Just sasyin

mser
10-04-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm in the gun whore category myself. If it goes bang and looks cool, I love it. The older and the weirder the better.

I do have scruples though. No Saturday night specials in my toy box.

I'm not really a collector but I'm definitely an accumulator.

Agree wholeheartedly with all of the points listed above. I prefer the term connoisseur, which my wife believes is synonymous with hoarder.

b4uqzme
10-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with all of the points listed above. I prefer the term connoisseur, which my wife believes is synonymous with hoarder.

She's probably right. But aren't they always? :rolleyes:

TheTman
10-04-2014, 08:10 PM
For revolvers, I like Smith and Wesson and Dan Wesson. For Semi's, it's more of brands I won't buy, than brand loyalty, although I do own more Kahrs than any other brand, but those are all for CC. I also like the M&P's and Most Beretta's. I'd like to try out a CZ. And I still have no desire to own a Glock.

muggsy
10-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I have no brand loyalties, but usually go for what I consider to be the best of the best. S&W revolvers, Colt pistols, Winchester bolt actions rifles and Browning shotguns. For concealed carry it's Kahr.

CJB
10-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Somebody mention rifles?

Hmmm. About the only brand loyalty I got there is Springfield Armory... not the current one but the first and real one, as in 1896 Krag, 1903 Springfield, M1 rifle and M14 rifle.....

warbird1
10-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I am loyal to any quality firearm ,my collection of handguns includes 2 Kahrs,9 S&W ,2 Kimbers ,1 Dan Wesson,7 Rugers 1 Beretta, 2 Ubertis ,1Colt,and 1 Rossi. Gee when I look at it written down I just realized I'm a "Gun Whore":crazy:You have me beat but just barely. No Glocks and only pre lock S&W revolvers. No Hi-Points either. Otherwise I like many brands.

yqtszhj
10-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Somebody mention rifles?

Hmmm. About the only brand loyalty I got there is Springfield Armory... not the current one but the first and real one, as in 1896 Krag, 1903 Springfield, M1 rifle and M14 rifle.....

+1 on M1 and M14. Amazing and they just work.

AJBert
10-04-2014, 09:58 PM
I am about the least brand loyal when it comes to firearms as anyone I know. I find something I like and I buy it. I once tried to count up in my head how many different brands of firearms I had and came up with around 20 or so. Amazingly I don't have any Colt's or Smith's for some reason. Not to say I won't own one some day.

muggsy
10-05-2014, 07:19 AM
I am about the least brand loyal when it comes to firearms as anyone I know. I find something I like and I buy it. I once tried to count up in my head how many different brands of firearms I had and came up with around 20 or so. Amazingly I don't have any Colt's or Smith's for some reason. Not to say I won't own one some day.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a gun nut, AJ. No collection is complete without at least one Smith and one Colt. Get thee to a gun show. :)

340pd
10-05-2014, 08:27 AM
No particular loyalties, but preferences,

Revolvers, S&W
Rimfires, Ruger MK series all with Volquartsen innards.
Semi's, any of the major brands that fit my hand will do.
1911's, Kimber, Sig, or Ed Brown

If any of you want to send me something different, I will be happy to keep it, and alter my preferences list.

KingWulfgar
10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
I just like guns. There are a few brands I'm not interested in (Glock) or that I think make cheap junk (Taurus), but other than that, I will consider almost anything.

I have 3 Rugers (just sort of worked out that way), 2 Kahrs, 2 Makarovs, a S&W Model 15-3 that I love, an XD, and a Browning Buck Mark.

O'Dell
10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm brand loyal up to a point. I buy pistols that work for me. That means that they fit my hand and shooting style, and that they work reliably when I use them. Over 45+ years of shooting and through trial and error, I've narrowed it down to Kahrs, S&W's, SIGS, HK's, and Springfield 1911's. I have four guns, one a gift from my son and three 1911's, that fall outside this description but eleven of fifteen are these brands. There may be others out there that meet this criteria that I haven't tried, but I don't plan to further experiment, because I have what I need.

pbagley
10-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I would not say I'm brand loyal. I tend to buy what works for me. I like the Kahr trigger, much more than any other DAO I've tried. In .22's I like High Standard Citation/Trophy/Victor. They work well for bullseye. Not a collector, but I like to buy when I have the funds to do so and the price seems right.

jocko
10-06-2014, 04:19 PM
IMO u just can't be a kel tek. jUST SAYIN

JohnR
10-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Well, I'm glad I'm not a kel tek then.

I like Kahr, Bersa, Ruger, Colt, S&W is ok, lots I've never tried.

b4uqzme
10-07-2014, 06:35 PM
That gives me an idea. I'll go as a Kel-tec for Halloween. All I need is a large, brown trash bag and I'll look like a P.O.S.

ltxi
10-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Not necessary. You already look like a pos. Lessen your avatar ain't a real pic. :)

Barth
10-07-2014, 07:50 PM
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/barthunderwood/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0981_zpsc667d5e7.jpg
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/barthunderwood/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo1382_zps1798ad86.jpg
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/barthunderwood/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0938_zps8042276d.jpg

b4uqzme
10-07-2014, 08:17 PM
^^^ I was beginnin' to wonder where you been Barth...beautiful pistols.

b4uqzme
10-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Not necessary. You already look like a pos. Lessen your avatar ain't a real pic. :)

I'm the bestest lookin' guy I know.... just ask me. :o

GROTMAN
10-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm 100 % loyal Diet Pepsi man. :behindsofa: