PDA

View Full Version : New addition

O'Dell
06-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I added a pistol to my 45 stable today I bought a polished alloy and stainless SIG P220, the first all silver gun I've ever had. If it wasn't so hot in Atlanta, I'd take it to the range tomorrow, but an un-A/C'ed concrete box in the 95 degree sun doesn't sound appealing.

kahrseye
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I added a pistol to my 45 stable today I bought a polished alloy and stainless SIG P220, the first all silver gun I've ever had. If it wasn't so hot in Atlanta, I'd take it to the range tomorrow, but an un-A/C'ed concrete box in the 95 degree sun doesn't sound appealing.

I know how you feel about the weather, but just remember, it's not always comfortable weather when you have to pull your gun. It might just be raining or cold or hot as hell.:banplease:

O'Dell
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I know how you feel about the weather, but just remember, it's not always comfortable weather when you have to pull your gun. It might just be raining or cold or hot as hell.:banplease:

True enough, but in that situation, I would imagine that the weather would be the least of my concerns. Also, I doubt that I would spend an hour and fire 200+ rounds of 45 ACP at a BG. Before that much time elapsed, he would be either be DRT or out of range in another state. :D

Bigcube
06-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Nice choice! I love my Kahr but also love Sigs, I have 2 of them. Good luck with the new piece.

Bawanna
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Any of you fellas owned them DAK trigger Sigs? I held some and they seem really nice. Give you second strike capability and the pull seemed real maneageable. I fell in love with I think it was a 220 SAS? All melted down, had nice wood grips and that DAK trigger. Big difference playin at a gun show or shop and shooting though. Just curious if they work good.

O'Dell
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Any of you fellas owned them DAK trigger Sigs? I held some and they seem really nice. Give you second strike capability and the pull seemed real maneageable. I fell in love with I think it was a 220 SAS? All melted down, had nice wood grips and that DAK trigger. Big difference playin at a gun show or shop and shooting though. Just curious if they work good.

All my SIG's have been DA/SA. You do have 2nd strike capability, but that DA pull is long and hard - 10-12 pounds. I tend to reach up and **** the hammer instead. This new P220 isn't new, but was built in 1996. It may be an ex-police gun. There is no wear at all on the plating, and inside it looks pristine except for the inevitable barrel marks. The night sights are pretty dim, but the trigger in SA is the lightest I've ever seen on a SIG - about 3-3 1/2 pounds.