PDA

View Full Version : PM9 - Sight Dovetail Question

McE
10-31-2014, 12:56 AM
I bought a PM9 but haven't picked it up yet. I do want to pick up a fiber optic front sight before I pick it up so that I can have the shop install it, but since I don't have the PM9 in my hands, I can't check to see if it's the old or new dovetail for the sights.

The only information I have is that it is a PM9 with external safety, LCI, and enhanced trigger. Is that a safe enough bet to say it has the new dovetail? Something like assuming there's no such thing as these PM9+safety+LCI+enhanced trigger version with the old dovetail?

RRP
10-31-2014, 03:55 AM
You know the risk in assuming. Wait until you have the gun in hand.

I put a red fiber optic on my PM9. It's great in bright sunshine, but very poor in dim light. If this is going to be a range gun, the fiber optic is fine. If you purchased this gun for personal protection, you may decide the OEM white dot is more visible in low light. My advice is to use the gun a while before making modifications.

b4uqzme
10-31-2014, 06:23 AM
According to the Meprolight website Kahr switched to the new slide after November 2004. So, if your LCI PM9 was made after that (safe bet :)), it has the new slide. To be safe you should ask your LGS to check for the dimple in the slide indicating it is a new style.

Alfonse
10-31-2014, 09:45 AM
The enhanced trigger wasn't out until after the dovetail was changed to the "new" style. It was only on the "blunt" nosed PM9s, and many of those had the new style as well. You should be good to go.