PDA

View Full Version : homemade "plinker"

predestyned
06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
homemade contraption i made for plinking with my pm9.
haven't had a chance to test it out yet but looks like it will work just fine.
i dont anticipate hitting the pvc but when i do i will simply replace.

Bawanna
06-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Looks like it should work great. I know one of the issues I always have when I get a chance to shoot outside at a pit or the woods etc is finding some place to hang a target. I had a steel frame set up that I was gonna rig up to hold paper. Rarely take it out.
Your setup would be lots lighter and easier to pack and could even be made to take apart.
Wouldn't be too hard to make your set up hold a paper target if you wanted to either. Nice to see something happen when you hit it though.
One of our ranges, long gone now used to have a 22 silohette set up. it was on a track and just ran the length of the range side to side so maybe 7 or 8 lanes shooting at it. You knock em down and as they make the corner they pop back up. Sometimes if you had a good shooter in the first couple lanes you had to wait for them to run out of bullets before you had anything to shoot at but we sure had alot of fun with that setup.

wyntrout
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Might shrapnel shatter the PVC often?
Wynn

predestyned
06-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Might shrapnel shatter the PVC often?
Wynn
i thought about that . if it works like it should i will make a longer one out of steel pipe with elbows,t's etc. to hold 4 plates.
think i will make one out of two inch pvc that i can put wooden 2x2's in for cardboard silouette.

predestyned
06-26-2010, 02:15 AM
One of our ranges, long gone now used to have a 22 silohette set up. it was on a track and just ran the length of the range side to side so maybe 7 or 8 lanes shooting at it. You knock em down and as they make the corner they pop back up.
i was reading in an old issue of hand gunner today and a guy was talking about a target he had years ago that was set up so that two targets were in line about 2 foot apart . when you shot the front target it would fall and then when you shot the rear target it would fall, causing the front target to pop up again and vice versa.
shouldn't be too hard to make. if anyone has any ideas let me know. i know it would consist of a rod connecting the two plates or possibly cable and pulley's ?