PDA

View Full Version : Hello

JFreeman
11-14-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm new to this forum but not new to Kahr firearms.

I really like my PM especially when used with a trigger guard "clip" type holster (maybe holder is a better description). You nearly forget it's there. And the Kahr quality is second to none as you all know. Moon designed the as-near perfect pistol as it gets.

As a noob, I'll ask this question here - have any of you had trouble with double firing? I'm not talking about a gun problem but more of a trigger pull problem. And, yep, I've replaced the firing pin spring w/ factory new.

I've had a PM9 for a few years and have put, oh, probably 4-5k rounds through it. As gun time increased, I seem to be crowding the trigger a bit during recoil with a resulting second, uncontrolled shot hitting the target but flying high and wide - and I think I just figured this out! I need to hold the trigger pull and not reset until I've resettled from the recoil.

Well, I'll leave this anyway and see if there are other suggestions.

Hello again and thanks,
Jim

b4uqzme
11-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Welcome. I think you just described why I prefer the long Kahr reset on an SD pistol. Odd though that you're experiencing a double fire even with the long reset. More odd that you picked up a bad habit after all those rounds. But nothing that a little focus and practice won't cure. Your fix sounds good. Thanks for the post and the reminder to always focus on our fundementals.