PDA

View Full Version : Kahr you tube videos

Sunfire1411
11-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Just watched two videos about Kahrs that concern me regarding gun handling safety.
The first was a guy suggesting using the factory supplied trigger lock as a jerry rigged external safety. My guess is Kahr only intended this lock to be used on an unloaded gun. To me using it in the manner suggested on the video around a live trigger is extremely dangerous.
The second video was a black diamond review shot - pun intended - with live magazines. A one point he even aims the gun with magazine installed at himself holding the camera. The video never shows him unloading the magazines and there are no apparent edits.
Is it just me or do others think these type videos reflect poorly on safe gun handling?

zebraD
11-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Couldn't agree more Sunfire

muggsy
11-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Some of the gun reviews on You Tube are made by neophytes who know very little about guns. Some are candidates for Darwin awards.

TheTman
11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I can't begin to count the gun handling mistakes that make me cringe on you tube. There are some real idiots out there, that should NOT be making gun videos.
I'll just stick with Hickock45, Nutnfancy, and a couple others. I watched one where some kid that looked about 16 was showing how to make an (m)AK shoot full auto, by grinding down a part. I think I will pass on that. I'd rather have either the bump fire stock, or one of those gadgets that pull the trigger 3 or 4 times each time you rotate the handle. I can burn ammo fast enough with just my trigger finger. I don't need an AK set to only full auto, although a converted 10-22 might be fun. I think the 3 round burst fire on the AR is the perfect compromise between single fire mode, and Rock and Roll.

Firemedic
11-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Some of the gun reviews on You Tube are made by neophytes who know very little about guns. Some are candidates for Darwin awards.

Ha! thats was what I was thinking!

Sunfire1411
11-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reality check, people. Having learned gun safety in boy scouts several decades ago it appalls me what I see both on you tube and at my range. I would urge any and all new gun owners to take a gun safety course and practice what you learn every time you handle your firearm. Guns dictate unrelenting attention to safe handling.
Three basics go a long way:
1. Treat all guns as if they are loaded no matter how certain you are that they are unloaded
2. Never point a gun at anything that you don't want to shoot and at the range ALWAYS keep the weapon pointed downrange
3. finally keep your finger OFF the trigger until ready to fire, some triggers are very easy to fire and when people say, "it just went off" this is what happens