PDA

View Full Version : Cm9

Joe A.
11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Earlier I posted about nosedives with certain fmj ammo. I bought another 100 round box of Federal Champion (which was one of the worst offenders) and fired all of them yesterday with no nose dives.

I did have a 2nd round slide lock back. When I got home I checked the screw for the slide stop spring and it loosened up a second time. The first time was after shooting a box of nato rounds. I'm concerned about over tightening the screw so I just a little more than snug it. Unless someone has a fix for it guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my CM9. It has been 100% reliable with defensive ammo.

89grand
11-25-2014, 05:22 PM
I just bought a CM9 last Friday and haven't shot it yet so I can't help you, but I wouldn't be very pleased with a malfunctioning gun. My Ruger SR9, SR9c, P94, and Sccy CPX2 have all ran 100% right out of the box. I expect the Kahr to as well and if it doesn't (at least after the "break in" period), I'll sell it.

I've seen a number of Kahrs not lock back the slide in youtube videos, it's seems to be a fairly common issue that I hope I don't have.

Is your magazine spring in correctly?

b4uqzme
11-25-2014, 06:02 PM
I used to get slide lock backs. For me it was my thumb brushing the lever. YMMV. I agree with you: just watch it for now. I think they make a Loctite that works on polymer but don't use it unless some of the wiser members give their endorsement. Definitely do not over tighten that screw. It's easy to strip out. Glad the nosedives are clearing up. I'm in the middle of breaking in my first poly Kahr. It's not 100 percent but the issues are minor and are already resolving themselves (with just 150 rounds thru it). Kahrs reward patience IMHO. I think sometimes we are too quick to jump in and start fiddling or other times too quick to throw in the towel. Shoot it, clean it, inspect it, and shoot it some more.

Joe A.
11-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Magazine springs are installed correct.