PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas to me

Harrylee
12-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Early Christmas to me, well I have been looking at the GSG guns for awhile thought they were a neat 1911-22. Been doing a lot of research on them they are not the highest quality but seems that you can get them to run just fine. Called my LGS to find out what kind of price they had on them and come to find out they just got a order of 200 of them in the Sig which is the same gun that GSG makes for Sig so they had a special on them, they where right in the ball park from grabagun and galleryofguns. I really needed a light shooter since I messed up my thumb on my strong hand and could not take the recoil so I thought this would be a good gun to get back to shooting. I’m amazed at how close this is to a full size 1911 this is. It come in 5 ozs less than my 45, size wise it’s so close hard to tell. The 1911-22 will accept 80% of 1911 parts. So far only got the slide and internals cleaned up still got to go through the lower before going to the range with it. I know there a other 22's out there that are better quality but the price was right and I love the 1911 format. You can see how close it is next to my 45. So I plan to have fun with it. The only other problem is 22's still seem to be very hard to get I see them once in awhile so I get them when I can, I do have some in stock to get me going

Ol'coot
12-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Congrats on the new toy! Very nice, I have the ATI 19211-22 and I love it.

muggsy
12-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Looks like a fun toy, Harry. Santa was good to you.

cloud
12-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Congrats..I just picked up a colt (walther) 1911 rail gun for my warlock 2. They are fun guns to shoot.

Armybrat
12-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Very cool .22. Bet you're gonna have a lot of fun with that - if you can find the ammo.

Buzzard45
12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Dagnabit! another gun to put on the wish list ;) seems the list gets longer every time i visit "other firearms"

DeaconKC
12-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Looks good! Nothing's more fun than a good .22 and a bunch of empty cans. Right up there with warm cookies and cold milk!

downtownv
12-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Now you need one of these!
$15/$25 w sig pen!

Harrylee
12-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Range Report: on this Sig/GSG 1911 22. I was hoping that I made a good purchase on this gun I have heard good and bad about this gun. So went to the range today to give it a try, did take some time to go thru the gun and took any burrs off it worked on the sear and worked the sear spring after that felt like butter. Time to test it out set the sights as close to center as I could and away I go. Tried a few targets a 10 yards it was just to easy backed off to 15 yards and I was still amazed how this little 22 was hitting with a little more work I think this maybe a tack driver gun. There are a few aftermarket parts that look good for this. So I’m glad santa came early, did have to get my wife the big screen tv she wanted so I could go buy a gun but all worked out. I’m glad I decided to buy this 22, it is alloy slide and frame so you have to be careful but other than that it shoots great. For a fun gun thumbs up, shot 150 rounds and the only malfunction I had was that one round didn’t strip off the mag that was it. Not bad for the first outing, ammo used was some old Remington Thunderbolts that I found a brick of in my cabinet

Pointblank
12-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Very nice, thanks for posting the photos.