PDA

View Full Version : Feeler-thread: PM9 for an MK9 Elite?

kb2wji
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Let me preface this by saying yea, im a doofus. I've posted a few times to the "PM9 vs. MK9" threads with my opinion. Usually, my opinion goes something like this.... "both rock...the PM9 is more for carry, and the MK9 is for sex appeal". Well here I am, sweating an MK9 Elite pretty hard. I carry my PM9 every day, and love it. Now i'm toying with the idea of trading my PM9 for an MK9 Elite. Few questions: Do you guys think I would expect to trade my PM9 and some cash? Or would I trade my PM9 and also get some cash with an MK9 Elite? Thanks for the input! And no, keeping the PM9 and getting an MK9 is not an option. DANG!!:o

JoeMB
06-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Keep the PM9, you already made up your mind. You know how it feels, shoots and wears, don't mess with what works just to trade up for "sex appeal." If you like the MK so much save some cash and wait it out that way you don't have to decide.

Bawanna
06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I gotta go with JoeMB on this one. I kind of worked pros and cons in my head and that wasn't working to good so I switched to which one could I do without.
The PM9 does everything you need a gun that size to do way better than the MK9. It's lighter, it carries easier, its just a CCW sweetheart.
The MK9 Elite wins all things in the cool factor and since I'm a wood and steel guys thru and thru if I already had the MK9 Elite I doubt I'd swap it for the PM9.
Sooo things being as they are, I think I'd just save up and add to rather than swap. Course this is just my nickels worth and you get 4 cents change at that.

kb2wji
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I appreciate the replies! The "sex appeal" is really only part of the recipe. I honestly think I would be willing to sacrafice a little weight for an all steel model. I love the feel of metal on metal. My Sig 220 does it SO well, but is just too big for EDC. I really have to hold an MK9 in my hand to get an honest comparison.

Bawanna
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I appreciate the replies! The "sex appeal" is really only part of the recipe. I honestly think I would be willing to sacrafice a little weight for an all steel model. I love the feel of metal on metal. My Sig 220 does it SO well, but is just too big for EDC. I really have to hold an MK9 in my hand to get an honest comparison.

The MK is gonna feel sweet when you hold one. Better be ready to act. Prior to my PM45 I carried a K40 and it's a brick weight wise BUT it still carries very well and I haven't parted with it yet. I have access to a standard MK9 at work and I love the size of the thing.
I guess it's gonna have to be your call. I know the steel wood feeling, I'm still adjusting to tupperware myself.