PDA

View Full Version : Ammo sales ban

getsome
06-29-2010, 08:48 AM
In Dekalb county Georgia where I live, there is a ban on any ammo sales by retailers and gun shops until after the 4th of july holiday to try and stop idoits from firing their guns into the air to celebrate the 4th...They also plan to ban ammo sales the week of New Years for the same reason....This is something I have feared for a long time...Sure we have 2nd amendment rights to own firearms but once government figures out they can ban ammo sales it won't matter how many guns you own because you won't be able to shoot them...Other counties in the metro Atlanta area are considering doing the same thing...If that plan goes well and nobody complains whats next? A ban on ammo sales from January 1 to January 1 the next year....I know this sounds far fetched but I have never seen government give back anything once they get control of it or repeal any new tax scheme once implemented....I love my country but I don't trust my government....:confused:

jeep45238
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Get active about changing it.

Bawanna
06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Wow, and I thought there was alot of common sense in the south. Guess my telling people I'm from Missouri won't have the same effect anymore.
That's all we need is for them to start talking that up, we're just now starting to recover from the last ammo / gun hoarding experience. It'll just start all over again. Wonder if the ammo makers are in on it too, kind of like oil.

AFVet
06-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Do people really shot their guns into the air to celebrate? That does strike me as dangerous.

getsome
06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes unfortunately there's always a few bad apples that have to spoil things for everyone else....Fireworks are illegal in the state of Georgia so some morons feel the need to celebrate with a firearm.....This current ammo sales ban is due to a 5 year old that was killed New Years eve 2010 while leaving church of all places after attending a prayer service...A falling bullet struck him in the head and killed him instantly...The shooter was never found....When I lived in Charlotte NC several years ago there was a case of a couple of good ole boys shooting an AK47 which they had illegally modified for full auto....They were shooting in the woods and the recoil from full auto fire was causing the rifle muzzle to rise up and send bullets in the air....Sadly one of those rounds found a little girl playing in her backyard several miles away killing her instantly....In this case they 2 fools were arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder and went to prison....Why cant people learn the simple fact that what goes up will come down, sometimes with tragic results....

Bawanna
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Do people really shot their guns into the air to celebrate? That does strike me as dangerous.

Perhaps substitute the word MORON for people and you'll have it nailed. I say ban stupidity, not ammo.
Seems like there should be a rule about messing with commerce or private business if there isn't already one. The people creating the ban obviously fall under the stupid category too, hope I don't let the cat out of the sack and ruin it but buy now, plan ahead.

Bawanna
06-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Getsome, we seem to have posted at the same time. I was happy to see the word moron as a common denominator.
Lots of them out there, watch your back, and front, everywhere.

sharpetop
06-30-2010, 07:55 AM
This is why I always have at least a small stockpile of ammo in my safe.

rholmes69
06-30-2010, 08:14 AM
This is why I always have at least a small stockpile of ammo in my safe.

Shhh, you aren't supposed to let people know... :spider:

bhp
06-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Unless you have a source that says that this is actually a ban, it would appear that it's a voluntary thing:

DeKalb stores temporarily halt bullet sales | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-stores-temporarily-halt-559525.html)

jlottmc
06-30-2010, 09:18 AM
It won't take long for the anti's to start with this too. They already have in Durham NC... This will be the next battle ground.

getsome
06-30-2010, 09:31 AM
That it's voluntary may be true I don't know, I hope so but I still think it's a stupid idea....What I do know is that I received my Ruger LCP back from repair on Monday and went to Wally World to see if the had any .380 which they didn't but the clerk said there was an ammo sales ban until July 6 and the store manager had secured the keys to the ammo case....Now I don't read the Atlanta Urinal & Constipation because it like most newspapers and media are so far liberal left on everything they print that I can't stand to read it and IMO the only real use for that paper is to wipe with....My regular gun shop is "The Gun Store" but I don't buy ammo there as it's way overpriced but I need to go by and talk to the owner to get the story straight....If I'm wrong about this I apologize, All I know for sure is that both Wally Worlds that sell ammo in my area said they couldn't sell any at this time due to a ban....

Bawanna
06-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Weather its a forced ban or a voluntary ban, it's still a ban. Never apologize, just point your finger at somebody else and blame it on them. Crap, I'm starting to talk like a democrat.
I think I'll go out back and whip myself and think of myself as the cotton picker in the big white house. The countries invested with morons.

OldLincoln
06-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Hmmm, good thing I buried all that ammo in my back yard huh? ;-) The way to break the blockade is for shops just across the county line to advertise in the bad county newspapers "Get Your 4th of July Ammo HERE!". Money is what works in this country, so run the blockade!

I have been waiting for Feds or CA to pass a sin tax on ammo, like booze and cigarettes.

Dietrich
06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
The voluntary ban is only window dressing.I`m sure that some of the anti-gunners will try to hijack the idea and expand it but what really needs to be done is people who witness this stupid practice to report it to LEOs.It reminds me of the towelheads over in the middle east firing in the air to bolster their masculinity.Any imbecile who doesn`t realize or care that the hunk of lead that comes out of a firearm is eventually going to fall back to earth needs some quality time with Bubba The Love Sponge in their cell.

Bawanna
06-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Once again exactly correct.

Praise Allah. and the love sponge.

wyntrout
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I guess I need to stock up on buckshot. My new cannon finally got into town this PM and I should be able to get it tomorrow evening at the LGS. UPS doesn't get to his shop until about 7PM... closing time.
I can't wait to try this thing at skeet and/or trap. I haven't shot at those little skeets since about 1982. I doubt they taste any better either.

I'm going to get this sucker Mag-Na-Ported, though, and I don't think I'll need the door-buster choke.

Wynn:D

Bawanna
06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Put on some camo face paint and post a pic. Keep the door buster choke, it's quite manly. Nice looking shotgun.

wyntrout
06-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks. Yeah, and I need some of those slugs with the armor penetrators... just in case... and some gas masks.
Wynn:D

jfrey
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
When I was a kid, many years ago, we used to go way out in the country to my uncle's house and he and my dad would fire a couple of shotgun rounds at New Year's. That may sound like a waste of good ammo but there wasn't anyone around for a long ways in any direction to possibly get injured by them doing so. We also used to pop our firecrackers out in a plowed field, not anywhere near the house. That was just common sense to us. We would have never thought of doing this "in town". Obviously, things have changed.

wyntrout
06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, now they don't necessarily point their guns up in the air to fire. In any case, what goes up must come down and sometimes it's a child watching the sky for fireworks who gets struck.
Wynn